What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is competent at running the business.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
People care about each other here.
You can count on people to cooperate.
What They Do
We asked PeopleTec, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
PeopleTec is a high performance, employee-owned small business that provides technical expertise in diversified engineering, modeling and simulation, cyber security / intelligence, rapid prototyping, and program support solutions for the Department of Defense and Civilian Federal agencies.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.peopletec.com/|| Industry: Engineering|
| US Headquarters: Huntsville, Alabama, 35805|| US Sites: 6|
| Major Locations: Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80909; El Paso, Texas, 79906; Ft. Belvoir, Virginia, 22060; Ft. Campbell, Kentucky, 42223; Indianapolis, Indiana, 46249|| US Employees: 336|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked PeopleTec, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Technical Fellows Program: Our Technical Fellows program was established to create and embrace a professional atmosphere that places the highest emphasis on the development of PeopleTec’s technical capabilities and leadership. The program facilitates broad technical diversity within the company, serving as an innovation catalyst that provides our Tech Fellows with a platform to develop leading-edge solutions to the technical challenges our industry faces. Our Tech Fellows are Subject Matter Experts in their respective fields and help ensure that PeopleTec is at the leading edge of the technical frontier. This program offers participants overhead charge numbers and a small budget to encourage participation in industry trade events, independent research, and technology assistance.
- Wellness Program: We sponsor Quarterly Wellness Events which include flu shots, wellness fairs (with nutritionists and personal trainers), seminars on sleep and pain / stress management, CPR training, and various health assessments by certified professionals.
- BenefitHub: Online program where PeopleTec has access to engage and energize employees with discounts, training and rewards.
- Work Life Matters: Work Life Matters Employee Assistance Program offers services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for our employees and their families.
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Delivery at Work Program: As part of our “People First” wellness initiative, we offer a weekly farm box delivery program for employees through Doe Run Farms. Boxes consist of 100% locally farm grown vegetables, produce, berries and fruit and are available in 18 weekly deliveries.
- Continuous Learning Program: The Continuous Learning Program offers convenient training and mentoring which is a strong benefit to our employees and government customers. Launched in 2016, the program increases job satisfaction, provides new skills and certifications for career development, and improves retention rates. To date, the program currently annualizes to 1200 courses taken and 2400 hourly credits.
- PeopleTec Helping People: Our commitment to People First is our top priority and the essence of the PeopleTec culture. This commitment is the foundation of our promise to support the communities that have helped PeopleTec thrive, giving back to local non-profits that improve the quality of the communities in which we all live, work and play. Throughout the year, the PeopleTec Helping People charity committee meets to discuss and plan upcoming fundraising events. Such events include an annual golf tournament, silent auction, cookout, and various activities that intertwine with our employee morale events.
- Excellence Always Award: The Excellence Always Award is based on the nominated individual’s exceptional technical, management, or program performance. In short, this individual must have achieved exceptional performance, both internally and externally, by demonstrating the excellence of PeopleTec to clients, vendors, government agencies, and the community. All employees are eligible except the following: Infrastructure Support employees, Corporate Officers, Vice Presidents, and Directors.
- Infrastructure Excellence Award: The Infrastructure Excellence Award is voted on by the employees. The winner shows contributions and demonstrated commitment to PeopleTec’s mission and core values, significant improvements in employee/customer service or enhanced employee/customer satisfaction and a demonstrated performance at a level far above and beyond normal expectations
- Corporate Citizenship Award: The Corporate Citizenship Award is presented to an individual that embraces the People First culture and is actively engaged in helping and mentoring those not only with in their group but from all groups including infrastructure. They are an all hands on deck kind of person and readily jump in to help with anything.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 25 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $59,472 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- HR Director and HR Generalist oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked PeopleTec, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
As a “PeopleFirst” company, we look for individuals who will be a great fit both technically within their desired field and culturally with the team. We look for a positive attitude, professionalism, honesty, integrity, and the ability to be a team player.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Many of the positions we hire for are highly technical positions in the defense industry. Advanced training, professional certifications, and active involvement in professional and industry organizations set an applicant apart from the crowd.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Cyber Security, Engineering, and IT/Management Professionals
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We encourage interested candidates to start by checking out our careers page on our website and filling out an application. We also encourage candidates to seek out people who they may know that work for PeopleTec to get a feel for our company and to be considered for referral. When we can match good people with a good company, it is a win-win.
| 70 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 18 Average applicants per opening|
| 3,748 Total job applicants|| 40% New hires by employee referrals|
| 8% Openings filled by current employees|| 5 Recent graduates hired|
| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|