What Employees Say
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
People care about each other here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Palantir.net, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Palantir.net is a full-service web agency that creates engaging online experiences for clients who value sustainable, accessible, human-centered approaches to strategy, design, development, quality assurance, training and support. We make good, inside and out.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.palantir.net/|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Evanston, Illinois, 60201|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 42|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Palantir.net, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Remote Work: All employees are allowed to work from home every day. No one is required to come into the Evanston office, which means employees do not need to live in the Chicagoland area, either.
- Employee Remote Stipend: $1,500 per employee per year for hardware, internet, office supplies etc., anything to support a home office.
- Professional Development Time: 100 hrs of time, budget is included as part of the Employee Discretionary fund.
- Professional Development Budget: $1,500 per employee per year for expenses related to Professional Development, such as books, subscriptions, training fees, conference fees and travel etc.
- Flex & Time Shifting: Employees are allowed to work on a flexible schedule to best fit their personal lives, including time-shifting from normal business hours to accommodate appointments and other life events that may interrupt the normal 9-to-5 workday.
- Annual All-Company & Departmental Retreats: Employees come together in one location to work on team building, internal process development and standards, etc.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $89,393 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Engineer/Developer|| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary|
|80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 45% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 8 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 22 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 7 year(s) of employment|| 11 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 11 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (None, remote work environment)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|95 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||35 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|41 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||65 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|65 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
- Director of Operations oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Palantir.net, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees share our mission of strengthening humanity by helping others
discover, create, and share knowledge. Individuals who value and believe in the power of collaboration and sharing what they know to help propel others forward. Palantir’s core values are Collaboration, Making the right choices, Trust, Flexibility, and Thinking for the Future. We look to candidates who embody those same values and want to make the most of the opportunity that Palantir provides.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Tweet with us, follow our blogs, newsletters, connect with us at conferences, and apply to our open job posting.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Read our blog posts and case studies and then follow us on twitter.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 20% Job Growth|
| 28 Average applicants per opening|| 283 Total job applicants|
| 27% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|