What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Zumasys to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Zumasys’ vision is to be the most trusted and respected partner in the communities we serve. By sharing the power of purpose, we inspire people to pursue “happyness” and redefine how businesses contribute to society. Our people-first approach to technology has contributed to our steady growth and consistent industry recognition.
About this Company
| Website: www.zumasys.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Irvine, California, 92618|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Irvine, California, 92618; Las Vegas, Nevada, 89113|| US Employees: 74|
| US Revenues: $24.2 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $26.4 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 81|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2000|
Perks and Programs
We asked Zumasys to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- International Travel Incentive: The Zumasys International Travel Incentive program is designed to rejuvenate employees with opportunities to engage with other cultures and see new parts of the world. In order of tenure, four to six employees each year get a paid week off and a $4,000 stipend to go anywhere in the world! All they have to do is share their amazing experience with the company when they return. Past destinations have included Japan, Africa, Thailand, Indonesia, Italy, France and many more!
- Las Vegas Loft: Zumasys offers employees and their families complimentary access to its two bedroom 1,100 square foot loft in Las Vegas. The loft is located 10 minutes from the world-famous Las Vegas strip and provides employees and their families a comfortable home away from home.
- Happyness is a Choice: Zumasys’ Happyness is a Choice program was created to inspire our employees, clients and partners to embrace "happyness" by helping others achieve their goals, passions and dreams. Happyness is a Choice is about more than giving away money, it’s about supporting our employees with more personal volunteer opportunities at home and around the world. In addition to charitable donation matching, Happyness is a Choice organizes Departmental Serve Days in addition to Company-Wide Serve events open to the extended Zumasys community. Employees are also able to take 20-hours of paid time per year to do something that "makes them happy", including serving, volunteering, or using their talents to better the community.
- President's Club: To reward employees who really go the extra mile, we have President’s Club—an all-expense paid trip to a surprise location with a Zumasys executive team member and other department winners. Unlike other incentive programs that are heavily weighted toward sales, President’s Club is open to every department in the company. Destinations have included Maui, New York, Ixtapa Mexico, Costa Rica, Whistler Canada and St. Lucia.
- Zumapalooza: Hosted by Zumasys, Zumapalooza is an extraordinary technology conference that attracts over 500 attendees and features inspiring guest speakers like Bert Jacobs, CEO of Life is Good. Held every 18 months, Zumasys brings the whole team to Las Vegas. We think that everyone who works for us should have the opportunity to get to know our top customers, prospects and vendors from all over the world. Our company is built on lasting relationships and Zumapalooza offers an exceptional platform for us to do this.
- Employee Appreciation Week: Every year, Zumasys hosts all of its employees from around the globe for one week of education, communication, and celebration. The company meets at the Irvine headquarters to reconnect and get the latest information about the company's performance, goals, and plans. Breakfast and lunch are served every day, including a pancake breakfast cooked to order by the executive team. The highlight of the event is the Serve Day where the entire team participates in a service activity.
- Healthyness is a Choice: Zumasys' Healthyness is a Choice program is designed to promote total wellness and to encourage employees to reach their health and fitness goals. Perks include a Fitbit expense of up to $75 toward a personal Fitbit purchase, a discount on Individual Memberships to 24-Hour Fitness, monthly fitness boot camps open to employees, friends and family (no membership required), as well as Wellness Days that include free biometric health screenings, massages and weekly weigh-ins.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $52,500 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Operations|| $120,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for engineers|
| 2% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||70% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 61% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for This is the average of spouse, children and family coverage)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (30% use it)
- Telecommute option (13% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (- Food/Snacks
- Fitness Classes
- Massages on occasion
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||14 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| 20 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $101,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $6,600 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Zumasys for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our emphasis is evenly distributed between culture and technical fit. We encourage achievers that can work autonomously with a passion for customer service.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees should come with knowledge of Zumasys. It is important to know who we are as well as who our customers are. We look for adaptability as well as broad product knowledge.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always receptive to good talent. We focus on independent, self-motivated achievers that come with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and grown.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
We encourage prospective candidates to look at Zumasys.com to learn more about our culture and business model. The resource tab on our website is full of fact sheets, success stories and educational videos.
| 10 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 17% Job Growth|
| 29 Average applicants per opening|| 500 Total job applicants|
| 70% New hires by employee referrals|| 12% Openings filled by current employees|
| 1 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|