What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
This is a fun place to work.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
What They Do
We asked Zoosk to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Zoosk builds software that brings people together. Our innovations in Photo Verification and Behavioral MatchmakingTM support a growing community of over 41 million members worldwide in their search for meaningful connections. Zoosk is headquarted in San Francisco, CA.
About this Company
| Website: www.zoosk.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94103|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 98|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Zoosk to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Free Daily Lunch: Zoosk caters daily lunch and breakfasts on Monday. Lunch is provided by EatClub and provides 20 lunch options each day.
- Fully Stocked Kitchen: Snacks, drinks, happy hour.
- Gym Memberships: Fully paid gym memberships.
- Yearly Company Trip: 2017 Las Vegas, 2018 Hawaii
- Pool Table and Ping Pong: Tournaments and pool table and ping pong table in office
- Dog Friendly office: We love dogs at Zoosk
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $198,930 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Engineer|| $164,078 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Software Engineer|
| 2% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for employee only level)|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 90% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| no minimum req. hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (50% use it)
- Telecommute option (10% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Daily catered lunches, catered breakfast at beginning of week, catered happy hour at the end of the week, fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks. Beer and kombucha on tap. Onsite massages once/quarter, dog friendly office,)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|168 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||168 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|160 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||168 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|168 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||60 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|168 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||168 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $26,667 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $2,575 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -2% Job Growth|
| 179 Average applicants per opening|| 6,275 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 3% Openings filled by current employees|
| 4 Recent graduates hired|| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|