WillowTree creates beautiful digital products designed to drive growth for the world’s leading companies. Our elite teams challenge themselves to build extraordinary experiences by bridging the latest strategy and design thinking with enterprise-grade software development.
How to Get Hired
We asked WillowTree, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our hiring decisions revolve around how a candidate aligns with our 7 core values.
We look at three things through the lens of our core values.
1. Professional skill set. Two core values that pertain to this area are Craftsmanship and Ownership. We try to ascertain the level of passion they have for their craft.
2. How well will they work in our collaborative environment? We use the core values Open Communication, Partnership, and Flow. New hires need to be good at working effectively within a team, but also have respect for heads down time.
3. Would this person be a positive addition to the culture? We use the core values Optimism and Golden Rule to vet for these traits. Do they let problems get them down or do they find a way to move forward?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show passion for what they do! There are several ways that people prove this in a genuine way.
1. Side projects - Learning something on your own time shows that you really enjoy it. We love hearing that prospective hires are exploring emerging technologies in their own time.
2. Active in the tech community - Are they enthusiastic members of the local tech network, engaging in the tech meet-up scene or in tech conversations on social media?
3. Blogs - Do they write about the work they are doing or what they are currently learning?
4. Keeping up to date - Are they reading books, blogs, articles? Do they have a favorite industry-related podcast? Do they have a favorite newsletter or website that they go to for information?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
As a full-scale end-to-end digital product agency, we're always hiring product researchers, product designers, software engineers, and software quality assurance engineers. We're looking to significantly expand our backend practice this year and are most focused on hiring top talent in that area.
We are currently enhancing our in-house training to give us more flexibility in hiring. It can be difficult at times to find developers experienced in the specific technologies we use, but we can find talented developers and teach them what we do. They just need to be smart and have a passion for learning.
Every single team member is important, so all of the positions get a lot of attention.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website - www.willowtreeapps.com/careers.
Find us on Glassdoor to read reviews, see open job postings, and to get a sense of what it's like to work here.
Follow us on social media! Read our blog posts. There are lots of ways to get a feel for what WillowTree is all about.