WillowTree builds apps, responsive sites, bots—any digital product that lives on a screen—for the world’s leading companies. Our elite teams challenge themselves to build extraordinary experiences by bridging the latest strategy and design thinking with enterprise-grade software development.
How to Get Hired
We asked WillowTree, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our hiring decisions revolve around how a candidate aligns with our 7 core values.
We look at three things through the lens of our core values.
1. Professional skill set. Two core values that pertain to this area are Craftsmanship and Ownership. We try to ascertain the level of passion they have for their craft.
2. How well will they will work in our collaborative environment? We use the core values Open Communication, Partnership and Flow. New hires need to be good at working effectively within a team, but also have respect for heads down time.
3. How is their general disposition? We use the core values Optimism and Golden Rule to vet for these traits. Do they let problems get them down or do they find a way to move forward? Are they pleasant to be around? These are all very important to helping WillowTree stay a great place to work.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show passion for what they do! There are several ways that people prove this in a genuine way.
1. Side projects - doing something on your own time shows that you really enjoy it.
2. Social media - are they using social media to follow experts and be involved in the professional community?
3. Blogs - do they write about the work they are doing or what they are currently learning?
4. Latest reads - are they reading books, blogs, articles? Do they have a favorite newsletter or website that they go to for information?
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Growing our Product team is a main focus. Finding talented designers, strategists and researchers is challenging.
We are always looking for talented developers. We are currently enhancing our in-house training to give us more flexibility in hiring. It's hard to find developers experienced in the technologies we use, but we can find talented developers and teach them what we do. They just need to be smart and have a passion for learning.
Every single team member is important, so all of the positions get a lot of attention.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website - www.willowtreeapps.com/careers. I think it does a good job of showing what we look for and what it is like to work here.
Find us on Glassdoor. Lots of pictures to take a look at.
Follow us on social media! Read our blog posts. There are lots of ways to get a feel for what WillowTree is all about.