What Employees Say
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked Whitney Bradley & Brown to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
WBB combines corporate intellectual capital, deep industry knowledge and thought leadership to deliver a variety of mission support activities, operational capabilities development, acquisition and program support and analytical solutions to the Defense, Homeland Security, Federal, Health and Commercial markets.
About this Company
| Website: www.wbbinc.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Reston, Virginia, 20191|| US Employees: 459|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1981|
Perks and Programs
We asked Whitney Bradley & Brown to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Engagement Council: A monthly council that provides an open forum for employees to voice ideas about team-building, community outreach, strategic marketing, and more.
- Community Service Month: Employees are encouraged to make their mark in civic engagement through various volunteer opportunities. Additionally, WBB coordinates and organizes community service events for employees to take part in, such as Campground Cleanups and Soup Kitchen catering with the Northern Virginia family Service.
- Employee Spotlight Series: A biweekly initiative that shines a spotlight on a WBB employees. People have the chance to hear perspectives across all teams and levels.
- Lunch and Learn: A monthly learning initiative where employees have the opportunity to gain key insights about the industry. Each month, a subject matter expert from various avenues in the industry conducts a webinar for the entire company to view and participate in.
- Wreaths Across America: WBB took part in this year's Wreaths Across America, with the mission to "remember, honor, teach!" Participants place wreaths with red bows on the headstones at veteran cemeteries in all 50 states and beyond.
- Here for the Girls 5K: In honor of Here for the Girls, a non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of young women affected by breast cancer, WBB took part in participating in this year's "Virtual," run, where employees across all WBB offices showed their support for Here for the Girls and ran a 5K.
- NWFCU Mentorship Program: Partnering with NWFCU, WBB employees mentor third grade students on a biweekly basis for 9 months. The mission of this mentorship is to shape these students into future leaders in the community.
- Toys for Tots: Each year, WBB sponsors the annual US Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots drive to help bring joy on Christmas morning to local children. Employees are encouraged to bring new, unwrapped toys to the boxes, and the Marines of WBB take charge of the set-up, collection and transportation of the toys and bikes.
- BritePaths: Every November, WBB helps deliver a thanksgiving meal to a family in need in the Fairfax County area. These families are referred to the program by Fairfax County social services agencies, and WBB chooses to sponsor multiple families.
- Cork Popping : Quarterly companywide event that celebrates the wins and successes of our employees.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (25% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (concierge service (virtual), sodas/drinks, fruit delivery, a large break room, training room, each employee has an office, gym at the HQ facility)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||84 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Employees reentering the workforce
How to Get Hired
We asked Whitney Bradley & Brown for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective employees should have a proven work ethic, willingness to learn, and carry a positive attitude. Prospective employees should be a team player and possess a good attitude in the workplace since it is a collaborative environment. Additionally, employees should want to instill positive change and be self-motivated.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates should do research on the company and have the ability to be responsive and upfront about their goals when communicating with recruiters. Prospective employees should continue to build their brand via LinkedIn, and make sure to have as updated, polished, and concise a resume as they can. The vast majority of our positions require a security clearance, so prospective employees should ensure their clearance is still in scope and active upon applying to a position.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Checking out our website is paramount and being aware of current opportunities is key. Candidates should visit our social media sites, including LinkedIn and Glassdoor, to get a better picture of the overall culture of WBB. Additionally, prospective candidates can conduct a little research about WBB"s mission and vision, and look to connect with recruiters via LinkedIn. .