What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I feel I make a difference here.
What They Do
We asked WESTMED Medical Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are the leading multi-specialty group practice, delivering the highest quality, coordinated and efficient healthcare. Our practice is known for its advanced technology and “one-stop-shopping medical experience” for patients at our large, full-service medical offices in Westchester County, NY and Connecticut.
About this Company
| Website: www.westmedgroup.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Purchase, New York|| US Sites: 14|
| Major Locations: White Plains, New York; Yonkers, New York; Purchase, New York; Rye, New York; New Rochelle, New York; Scarsdale, New York; Stamford, Connecticut; Greenwich, Connecticut|| US Employees: 1,186|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked WESTMED Medical Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Service Culture Activation: WESTMED drives culture by equipping employees with the skills, tools and resources to consistently deliver service exceptionalism. Training is provided on the WESTMED Brand, The Patient Experience and Leading Responsibly.
- Leadership Academy of WESTMED University: WESTMED offers a 3-tier mentoring program (future leaders, managers, leaders), robust management training curriculum, physician and employee coaching initiatives, and on-the-job tools such as a Manager’s Business and Service Skills Training Toolkit. A new one-on-one mentoring program is being designed for rollout 4Q2016 to complement 3-tier group mentoring.
- True North: WESTMED deploys fun, interactive programs to bring our mission & vision to life. A goal is for all employees to understand who we are, our near-term priorities, and our long term goals; recognize how these contribute to WESTMED’s success – through both alignment on goals & objectives and through our behaviors; and identify how all the pieces fit together (individual site/department/role and collective strength).
- Talent Engagement: WESTMED leadership is highly accessible and champions programs to engage employees at all levels in the organization, including the ground up design and deployment of initiatives such as a Front Desk Steering Committee and the iEngage Team.
- WESTMED Awards Program: WESTMED congratulates and highlights our most outstanding employees who live and breathe our cultures of quality, efficiency and service. Our people are our most valuable strategic resource. Managers lead by example, demonstrating and role modeling appreciation and gratitude. Awards include: President's Award, Diamond Award, Star Awards, GEM Award and Profiles in Leadership Award. We are also training on Appreciation & Gratitude and have other recognition programs championed by our leadership team and activities built into customer service training based on a branded 'You Knocked My Socks Off!' best practice initiative.
- Giving Back to Our Communities: WESTMED places a significant emphasis on our culture and identity in the communities where we provide quality and efficient patient care. As part of our brand footprint, and as one of the largest employers in the Hudson Valley, WESTMED is emphasizing “giving back” via formalized corporate social responsibility programming geared towards those in need in our communities.
- Give Back Partnership: WESTMED has a give back partnership with The Cottage School, located in Pleasantville, NY. The school's mission is to meet the needs of at-risk youth and children of all ages by providing a safe haven to attend school and lead a healthy existence. Often, these children, whose families struggle with poverty, are the unfortunate product of abuse and neglect. WESTMED hosted a “Field Day” Event at The Cottage School on Saturday, September 24th. WESTMED volunteers were part of this very special day and helped bring some joy to the lives of at-risk children who could use some laughs and good times.
- Breast Cancer Awareness: WESTMED supports Breast Cancer Awareness through popular fundraisers, such as bake sales, and community walk events, enabling many of our physicians and staff to participate.
- Service Opportunities: We encourage employees to get involved and donate time to worthy causes, where they can find opportunities to give back on their own time. We share on a quarterly basis, individual opportunities which any member of WESTMED may participate in. We also participate in the “Big Brother” / “Big Sister” program through the Family Service of Westchester.
- Employee Summer WESTMED Softball & Pep Rally: In conjunction with the 2016 White Plains Corporate Softball League, WESTMED has multiple softball teams, including the defending league champion WESTMED Wombats. A Pep Rally was held with food and drinks for employees in a picnic area by the ball park before the championship game. This was followed by the Championship Cup Ceremony and presentation to the winning WESTMED team.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 65% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 60% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Health insurance for retirees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 6 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Dental care
- Mental health care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Medical facilities (at all locations)
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
How to Get Hired
We asked WESTMED Medical Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
WMG seeks candidates who will reflect the WESTMED brand and be role models for positive patient and team member experiences. WESTMED Cultures: Quality, Efficiency, Service WESTMED Associate Philosophy: ‘Smart & Nice’ WESTMED Associate Success Profile: Confidence, Integrity, Pride, Passion. We place a high level of importance on emotional intelligence.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Have experiences that go above and beyond and stand out. Proven work ethic. Extracurricular and professional accomplishments. 'Little Things Make a Difference' and 'Add a Little WESTMED' attitude. Demonstrate a sense of empathy to augment our patient experience.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We hire for attitude, train for skill.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website to get started! We welcome resumes via e-mail at email@example.com. Our social media sites provide further information.
| 26% Job Growth|| 418 Positions filled in past year|
| 25% New hires by employee referrals|| 240 New positions created|
| 100 Jobs filled by current employees|| 5% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|