What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management is competent at running the business.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Vivint Smart Home to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Vivint Smart Home is the largest smart home services provider in North America with more than one million customers in the U.S. and Canada. We combine innovative products and services to offer homeowners the best smart home experience available. We attribute our success to the trailblazers we like to hire.
About this Company
| Website: www.vivint.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Provo, Utah|| US Sites: 6|
| US Employees: 3,650|| US Revenues: $653.7 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $653.7 million|| Employees Worldwide: 4,415|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1999|
Perks and Programs
We asked Vivint Smart Home to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Meal Program: Vivint Smart Home employees enjoy freshly cooked meals daily from our onsite cafés. For variety, employees can also use their meal tickets at select surrounding restaurants or enjoy lunch in the sun by grabbing a bite from the food trucks we invite to our campus. Our employees love that they don’t have to worry about bringing lunch and don’t have to leave campus for a meal. Throughout the day, employees can grab a snack from one of our conveniently located snack hubs. Best of all, everything is on the house.
- Employee Input: Vivint Smart Home values employee input and knows how important it is in cultivating an environment where people feel valued and recognized. We host an idea board on our intranet where employees can submit ideas. Employees share suggestions to make our campuses livelier and more accessible, to improve customer service, and to improve our products. We value the employee voice.
- Perks: We have basketball and volleyball courts on campus where employees can build friendships and enjoy a bit of healthy competition during or after a day’s work. Ping-pong, pool tables, foosball and video games are also readily available across our campus.
To further promote health and wellness, the company offers an on-site clinic to provide an affordable way to get the health care treatments they need. We offer these services to all Vivint Smart Home employees, whether or not they subscribe to the company’s medical plan.
We currently hold the naming rights to the NBA arena in Salt Lake City, home of the Utah Jazz, and regularly give employees free or discounted tickets to events at the arena, including NBA games, concerts and more. We also connect our employees with great local companies that offer valuable discounts for dining, fitness activities, automotive care, entertainment and more.
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave: At Vivint Smart Home, we believe you can be fully committed to your family while having a rewarding career. Our maternity leave gives new mothers up to 12 weeks of paid leave and two weeks of paid paternity leave. We also give six weeks of paid parental leave for employees that adopt children. We believe employees deserve quality time with their newest family members and make sure they can be together at this important stage of life.
- Vivint Gives Back: Helping people is core to our DNA. We seek employees who want to improve the community around them as much as they want to do well in the workplace. Through our Vivint Gives Back charitable foundation, we’ve donated more than $10 million and over 150,000 total service hours to help people in need.
While our charitable endeavors benefit many people in serious need or hardship, we focus most our efforts on children with intellectual disabilities and their families. We are an official safety sponsor of Autism Speaks and work with the autism community to help families better protect and care for their loved ones. We participate in annual events that bring employees and their families together to serve, including Feed my Starving Children, Sub for Santa and other regional events. Vivint employees also participate in humanitarian trips to foreign countries to help improve living conditions for those in need.
- We Celebrate: Vivint Smart Home prioritizes building an innovative work environment where you’ll do the best work of your career — and have a lot fun while doing it. We know our employees work hard to contribute to our success so we love to celebrate with them. A few of our favorite celebrations include Halloween costume contests, parties at local water parks, summer carnivals, rodeos with employee participation, and private concerts at the Vivint Smart Home arena from popular bands like Imagine Dragons and OneRepublic.
- College Recruiting/Fellowships: Vivint Smart Home connects talented, passionate students and graduates with meaningful work. Students from universities nationwide work with our top innovators and executives to create cutting-edge products like our Vivint Doorbell Camera. Through their involvement in the R&D process, they solve real problems and get hands-on experience with products that are changing the industry.
- Veteran Hiring: We support the Veterans Initiative of The Blackstone Group (the private equity firm that acquired Vivint in 2012) to hire 50,000 veterans over the next five years. Our goal is to not only hire veterans, but also to provide them with the education, training, and opportunities they need to take the next steps in their careers. Vivint has worked to put our country’s heroes to work through a veterans recruiting strategy and has doubled the number of veterans hired in the past year.
- Stock options to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Free lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Free breakfast foods on a regular, daily basis
- Free beverages during the day
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 12 weeks Unpaid sabbatical after 5 year(s)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (25% use it)
- Job sharing (5% use it)
- Telecommute option (25% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (1% use it)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Fitness center (at some locations)
- Medical facilities (only at headquarters)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $2,200,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $1,000,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Director of Recruiting is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
How to Get Hired
We asked Vivint Smart Home for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Innovation is essential to the success of our company and our Innovation Center continues to grow. We are looking for the brightest engineers, designers, and product managers to help solve complex problems. We are defining an industry and are continually adding great talent to our team.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our career website, vivintjobs.com, to review openings and hear from Vivint Smart Home employees about what’s important to us and how we get things done.
| 10% Job Growth|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|