What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What They Do
We asked Vetter Senior Living to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Vetter Senior Living, a non-profit organization, provides services and living options for rehabilitation, independent and assisted living and skilled nursing. More than 3,500 team members serve the elderly in thirty two locations in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Wyoming.
About this Company
| Website: www.vetterseniorliving.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Elkhorn, Nebraska, 68022|| US Sites: 32|
| Major Locations: Gering, Nebraska, 69341; Grand Island, Nebraska, 68803; Norfolk, Nebraska, 68702; Lincoln, Nebraska, 68526; Elkhorn, Nebraska, 68022; Lincoln, Nebraska, 68502; North Platte, Nebraska, 69101; Omaha, Nebraska, 68137; Papillion, Nebraska, 68046; Springfield, Missouri, 65807|| US Employees: 3,582|
| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|| Founded: 1975|
Perks and Programs
We asked Vetter Senior Living to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Vetter Foundation Golf Tournament: Vetter Senior Living supports the Vetter Foundation through generous giving of team members in our locations. The Vetter Foundation Golf Tournament raises money to fund great needs locally, nationally and internationally. Through the generous giving, fund raising and activities of our team members, the Vetter Foundation is able to touch thousands of lives.
- PEP Club: All facilities have a team member committee which creates fun in the facility. The PEP (People Energizing People) Club plans fun team member events that create fun at work!
- Sneak Days: Many facilities recognize up to 12 team members each month by providing a Sneak Day. The Sneak Day consists of a visit to another Vetter facility or the Home Office and then they spend the remainder of the day doing something fun that they have chosen as a group (ie bowling, the zoo, movie, escape room, lunch out, etc.).
- Lincoln Tornado: A few years ago a tornado ripped through one of our facilities, totaling over 30 team members vehicles. Through the generous support of Vetter Senior Living, these team members were given the money they needed to replace their vehicles without being a burden on the team member.
- Education Support: Vetter Senior Living provides many opportunities for monetary support for education including loan repayment for RN's and LPN's, paying for CNA and Med Aide classes and testing, Tuition Reimbursement and the Vetter Scholarship.
- Inspirational and Educational Programs: Vetter Senior Living provides many opportunities for team members to participate in various Inspirational and Educational programs such as the Weird World Class Tour, Adventures in Attitudes, Take Time to Care, Bringing out the Best in You, Mentorship, Creating a Dynamic Work Environment, The Vetter Way Experience, Buddies Forever, Strengths Training, Critical Conversations, Virtuoso Road Trip, People Focused Culture, etc.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 85% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 24 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $5,000 Student loan debt repayment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 3 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (1% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (1% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (snacks, candy, food, beverages, uniform allowance, great work environment, free parking)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||48 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||13 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| $568,883 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $15,033 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Vetter Senior Living for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Having a "Yes, I Can Attitude", a commitment to our Mission, Vision and Values, compassion and a heart for the elderly as well as fit with the team
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees should be driven to excellence, have a compassion for the elderly, understand the dire importance of relationships, be willing to go the extra mile to meet the needs of others, find joy in bringing joy to others, be persistent in never giving up in the development of others, accept people for who they are and be willing to do whatever it takes to provide the best care and services and be a team player!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are focused on hiring super stars in our mid level management positions!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our career site at www.vetterseniorliving.com
| 1,190 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 1% Job Growth|
| 8 Average applicants per opening|| 9,800 Total job applicants|
| 5% New hires by employee referrals|| 12% Openings filled by current employees|
| 150 Recent graduates hired|| 24% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 40% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|