What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Transwestern to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Transwestern is a real estate firm of collaborative entrepreneurs who deliver a higher level of personalized service. Specializing in Agency Leasing, Management, Tenant Advisory, Capital Markets, Research and Sustainability services, our global enterprise adds value for investors, owners and occupiers.
About this Company
| Website: www.transwestern.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Houston, Texas|| US Sites: 316|
| Major Locations: Houston, Texas; Dallas, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Boston, Massachusetts; Atlanta, Georgia|| US Employees: 2,050|
| US Revenues: $233.4 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1978|
Perks and Programs
We asked Transwestern to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Community Service: Transwestern provides each team member with eight hours of community service time annually. In 2016, we selected Make-A-Wish as our national philanthropy partner, in addition to supporting more than 350 organizations company-wide.
- Wellness Competition: Transwestern team members from across the country compete in a fitness challenge to determine which region takes the most steps in a three-week period. Charity donations are made on behalf of the three first place teams and individual winners are recognized with prizes.
- Transwestern Young Professionals: Transwestern's Young Professionals groups host quarterly functions that give team members the chance to socialize outside of the office. Also, the program provides opportunities throughout the year for education and mentoring.
- Wellness Consultant: Transwestern employees a national wellness consultant who assists with the design of corporate wellness programs and writes a monthly internal blog on various health topics.
- Bravo Cards: Transwestern's Management Services team members collect Bravo cards from team mates for going above and beyond to deliver extraordinary service. The cards are redeemed quarterly for prizes.
- Mentorship: In 2016, Transwestern debuted a formal mentoring program that has paired more than 300 team members designated as high-value talent with a senior mentor. The formal program runs for one-year and includes a formal mentor relationship agreement that details goals and specific actions.
- Summer Associates: Our firm’s Summer Associates program standardizes the selection process and enhances the outstanding programs already in place across the country. Following their acceptance into the program, participants undergo extensive training, receive mentorship from our industry experts and enjoy social events. The program also involves hiring recent college graduates for various positions.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $56,367 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Engineer|| $105,671 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Vice President|
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 4% of an employee's salary||70% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Stock options to employees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Restricted stock units to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Massage therapy
- Fitness classes
- Weight watchers meetings
- Free beverages during the day
- Discount ticket sales
- Car wash
- Convenience store
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (10% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $253,820 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Transwestern for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
A candidate’s attitude is very important to us. Our people must maintain a positive outlook while simultaneously working on multiple projects. Our employees must have very strong interpersonal skills so they can work effectively in teams and develop partnerships. They must have a high degree of communication skills because we have a collaborative culture and our business is built on relationships. Our team members must be able to empathize with the situations of others in order to provide proper service. They must be able to think like the client and act in a consultative manner to meet their needs. A person must have a certain quality to provide legendary service; each of our people must be willing to go the extra mile and always do their best. These sorts of personal values cannot be taught, but they are vital to being successful at Transwestern.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
A person who is well-rounded stands out in the crowd. We promote a healthy life balance at Transwestern, so candidates who hold this philosophy would rise above ones who are “all work” with no outside interests. Transwestern wants its team members to be involved in their families and communities. That balance makes them a better person, both inside and outside of work. People who are self-motivated and active learners are also high on Transwestern’s list. A person with a natural tendency to learn and get involved with co-workers fits in well in our culture. We want actively engaged team members who want to learn from and help others around them.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Transwestern is focused on continuing to hire the next generation of leaders while retaining our best and brightest.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates should do everything they can to get to know what the company does and what its people are like. A serious candidate would research the firm on its website and by reading articles written about its business activities. They should know something about Transwestern’s leaders and what they desire for the firm. Potential candidates should also try to network with people who already work at Transwestern to get an idea of our culture and whether they are suited to work at the firm. The people who care enough to learn about Transwestern and its team members are likely the ones who possess the sort of personality traits we look for in candidates. Educated job candidates have an advantage in landing their dream job at Transwestern.
| 8% Job Growth|| 54 Average applicants per opening|
| 11,014 Applications received|| 635 Positions filled in past year|
| 26% New hires by employee referrals|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 75% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|