What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People celebrate special events around here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
This is a fun place to work.
What They Do
We asked The Trade Desk to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry, offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, social, mobile, video, & television advertising campaigns.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.thetradedesk.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Ventura, California, 93001|| US Sites: 9|
| Major Locations: New York, New York; Ventura, California; Boulder, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Aliso Viejo, California; San Jose, California; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; Bellevue, Washington|| US Employees: 441|
| Worldwide Revenues: $202.9 million|| Employees Worldwide: 618|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: TTD|
| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked The Trade Desk to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual TTD Palooza: The Trade Desk Inc. hosts an event in Ventura, CA every year where we fly every person in the company (around the globe) for a week of fun, workshops, fieldtrips, and friendly competition. Last year included a battle of the bands and Universal Studios day trip.
- New Hire TTD Palooza: Every year The Trade Desk Inc. hosts a trip to Utah for all of the employees hired that year for a few days of team bonding, workshops, and outdoor activities.
- 100% Paid Healthcare: The Trade Desk Inc. is committed to providing 100% paid healthcare for its employees and their dependents. This includes Medical, Dental, and Vision Premiums.
- Equity: All employees are granted equity in the company, as we believe in sharing our success with those who make it happen every day.
- Referral Program: Awards for employees who submit a referral who stays with the company for 90 days.
- Generous Leave Benefits: In addition to generous paid time off, The Trade Desk also provides the following benefits: Bereavement leave, maternity disability leave, parental leave, military leave, reserve training leave, active duty leave, and jury duty leave.
- Sports Leagues: The Trade Desk, Inc. proudly sponsors a number of sports teams, including volleyball, the Ventura County corporate games, and pool league.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 31 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 13 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||50 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||40 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||40 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $200,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked The Trade Desk for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Integrity, Passion, Grit, High EQ, Collaboration, Intellectual Curiosity, Humility
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Submit an application, attend a local office networking event, reach out through LinkedIn
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Account Managers, Traders, and Engineers
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit The Trade Desk Career site and complete our application.
| 113 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 52% Job Growth|
| 90 Average applicants per opening|| 26,913 Total job applicants|
| 28% New hires by employee referrals|| 9% Openings filled by current employees|
| 20 Recent graduates hired|| 4% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|