What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management genuinely seeks and responds to suggestions and ideas.
I want to work here for a long time.
I can be myself around here.
Management involves people in decisions that affect their jobs or work environment.
What They Do
We asked Total Merchant Services to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Total Merchant Services delivers payment solutions and products to help grow your business. Trusted by over 100,000 happy merchants, we make the process of opening a merchant account easy and affordable, with no contract.
About this Company
| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|| US Headquarters: Woodland Hills, California, 91367|
| US Sites: 2|| Major Locations: Woodland Hills, California, 91367|
| US Employees: 261|| US Revenues: $150 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $150 million|| Employees Worldwide: 5|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Total Merchant Services to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Miracle Squad: Total Merchant Services has a volunteer based group called The Miracle Squad. It is a community outreach program where we choose a different charity to work with monthly. We have collected animal supplies for the animal shelters, donated blood for the Red Cross, helped build homes for veterans with Habitat for Humanity, canned food drives, along with charity walks/runs.
- Premium Sports Ticket Raffle: The CEO raffles tickets every week to different sporting events in Los Angeles; Dodgers, Kings, Lakers and Clippers. They are all premium VIP seats.
- Company Socials: TMS hosts a company social, including a catered lunch for the entire company, or a fun event outside of the office; "bowling night" or "bar night."
- Birthday Celebrations: Every employee will have their desk decorated on his or her birthday. They will also receive a $25 gift card with a signed birthday card from all executives and peers.
- Holiday Party: Every year TMS hosts a Holiday Party. Each employee is allowed one guest for a fun night of cocktails, food and dancing. Recent locations have been the Hilton, Universal Studios, and Skirball Museum.
- Desk Pass Outs: Holidays, events, and busy weeks, the HR team will pass out candy on carts, cookies, or "energy carts" with energy drinks, energy bars, and coffee.
- Customer Service Week: Every October, TMS hosts Customer Service Week. Each year is a different theme. This past year was Super Heroes. Every day each employee received part of a super hero costume to decorate. Cuffs, masks, cape, etc...by the end of the week they were a super hero. The CEO was Superman, and was rolled on a cart around the office to give the effect of "flying" as he thanked everyone for all that they do.
- ADP Discounts: ADP is our payroll system that provides employees with discounted movie tickets, amusement parks, concert tickets, apple products, etc...Over 1200 offers.
- Unlimited Sick Time & Casual Dress: We understand that life happens and stand behind them, as well as working in what they feel most comfortable in and allowing their personalities to shine.
- All Hands: The CEO holds a monthly company meeting for all employees. This requires all employees to attend and hear what's going on in the company. The CEO has all of the executives share what's going on in the company. He also introduces every new employee that month.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $35,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Call Center|| $100,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for managers/supervisors|
| 3% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsided On- or Off-site Fitness
- Onsite Amenities (Free snacks during the day, free beverages during the day, onsite parking packing and mailing service, discount ticket sales, fitness classes, weight watchers meetings, convenience store, dry cleaning, subsidized parking transportation)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||120 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||120 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|120 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||120 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|120 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||120 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Childcare reimbursement during business travel
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $250,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees; Speakers of English as a second language; Employees reentering the workforce
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Total Merchant Services for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The key characteristics we like to see when hring new employees is dilligence and always wanting to try new things. We want want to see someone who is dedicated and up for the challenge of whatever's next!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
To get our attention, prospective employees can simply contact us on our website or on one of our job posting sites and be skilled and have experience within the field they are applying for.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We want to make sure we bring people to the team who are ready to work hard but also play hard and be themselves. I think the authenticity of a person helps them achieve major success in life in general.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our www.tmsjobs.com site for more details!
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -18% Job Growth|
| 12 Average applicants per opening|| 300 Total job applicants|
| 75% New hires by employee referrals|| 25% Openings filled by current employees|
| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|