What Employees Say
This is a physically safe place to work.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Toll Brothers builds luxury residential communities, resort-style golf communities, urban low-, mid-, and high-rise communities, as well as commercial and apartment properties, across the country. It operates its own architectural, engineering, mortgage, title, land development, and golf course development subsidiaries.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.tollbrothers.com/|| Industry: Construction|
| US Headquarters: Horsham, Pennsylvania, 19044|| US Sites: 312|
| Major Locations: Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Ashburn, Virginia; Orange, California; Dallas, Texas|| US Employees: 5,044|
| US Revenues: $5,169.5 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $5,169.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: TOL|
| Founded: 1967|
Perks and Programs
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Guesthouses: Ten luxury guesthouses are available for the enjoyment of our employees for just a low cleaning fee. Employees can book a few days or a week at one of these houses, bringing whatever guests they choose. The guesthouses are located in a variety of different kinds of vacation spots, from the Pacific Northwest of Seattle to golf clubs in Las Vegas to the theme parks of Orlando to an urban oasis across the river from New York City. he company makes available furnished luxury guesthouses for use as vacation houses at various resort destinations around the country. Guesthouses are located in Orlando, FL; Jupiter, FL; Hoboken, NJ; Palm Springs, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Cave Creek, AZ; Aspen, CO; Seattle, WA; and our nation's capital.
- Anniversary Trips: We want our employees to stay with us for the long haul at Toll Brothers, and we thank them when they reach milestones along the way. Employees reaching significant years-of-service anniversaries get a very special thank you—funding toward a trip: $3,000 on their 10-year anniversary, and $3,500 on their 20th and 30th year anniversaries. And to ensure they have the leisure to enjoy their reward, the travel award is accompanied by an extra five days of vacation for that year.
- Employee Referral Reward: You never know where the next Toll Brothers superstar might come from. We have learned that our employees are often our most valuable recruitment tools. Our careers website features video and written testimony of current employees. We encourage employees to continue spreading the word about our great culture in person and on social media, using the hashtag #IWorkForToll. Managers are encouraged to carry their business cards wherever they go—just in case.
When employees do find good candidates, we reward them with a referral bonus—generally $1,000. Employees who refer three new hires within a year receive an additional $1,500.
employee can earn $1,000 each time a person he/she referred gets hired. In addition, employees who refer 3 hires within a 12-month period earn an additional $1,500.
- Health and Wellness Fair: The company hosts an annual Health Fair, where employees can get biometric screenings, hearing tests, etc.. meet purveyors of health-related services, and win prizes, such as gift certificates to area spas.
- Maternity Leave and Adoption Assistance: Expectant mothers can take advantage of our four weeks fully paid maternity leave as part of their FMLA, and for those planning an adoption we offer $3,500 in reimbursement for adoption-related expenses. The company recognizes the importance of spending time with family on the special occasion of welcoming a child into the family. It supports employees’ efforts to do so by providing four weeks of paid maternity leave. Employees who are adoptive parents can be reimbursed up to $3,500 in assistance for expenses related to a qualified adoption.
- TollFit: We “Take Care of Each Other” at Toll Brothers, so health and wellness are vitally important to us.
Our Tollfit Wellness Program provides employees with support and resources they can use to make smart choices and stay healthy, from weight management programs to health assessments and nutritional guides. TollFit is a companywide wellness initiative that encourages healthy living (e.g. recipes, Weight Watcher reimbursement), fitness (e.g. GlobalFit gym membership discounts, Activity Tracker), and awareness/screening (e.g. Colorectal Cancer Awareness, mobile mammogram screening).
- Smoking Cessation Program: The Q“Quit For Life” gives employees free access to coaching and nicotine replacement products to ditch the tobacco habit for good. Resources are also available for employees (or their family members) battling cancer, providing information and links to the American Cancer Society’s Clinical Trials Matching Service, Hope Lodge program (providing free lodging to individuals and their families who must travel for cancer treatments), Road to Recovery (providing transportation to treatment locations), and numerous other support services.
- Bring Your Parents to Work: We also love to involve the parents of employees. For the second consecutive year, we organized a Take Your Mother to Work Day and a Take Your Father to Work Day, held the Friday before Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, respectively. Each day consisted of a special luncheon for employees and their mothers or fathers, held at the clubhouse of one of our communities. After lunch, the group toured the model homes and community, allowing the parents to get a peek at what their kids are doing at work each day. These are very special events for parents, who rarely get a chance to see where their “kids” work.
- Sales Performance Contest: While we have nothing against fun for its own sake, we make sure to mark our successes and milestones with celebrations, as well. After a successful National Sales Event at our Dominion Valley Country Club, sales teams relaxed with a spa day. When our metro New York office had a banner sales year recently, it threw a party. Our Idaho division celebrated a 2017 sales milestone with a Cinco de Mayo party. Seattle had a lunch and bowling event to celebrate a fantastic year. Our Virginia team sends email blasts to announce not only employee achievements but those of their family members. The list goes on and on.
- Work-Life Balance: We work hard at Toll Brothers, but this doesn’t prevent us from creating a relaxed and comfortable work environment. As of the end of last year, we have a new dress code: business casual four days a week, and jeans on Friday (unless our client work calls for something more formal). A number of our departments are flexible about work hours, or allow employees to work from home, either on a regular basis or as needed, when personal issues arise. Some have special traditions, like our Pennsylvania Operations team, which provides division-wide comp days when sales goals are achieved. Or our New York Operations, where the division’s VP models a policy of no after-hours or weekend communication unless absolutely necessary.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 2% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 100% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||20 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||$3,500 Adoption benefit|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
People who are passionate about their jobs and understand how they connect to the overall business are a great fit for the company. We seek people who offer solutions when confronted with challenging problems. We like to hire people who are genuine --- people who can be themselves.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Network. Find a connection at Toll Brothers and network. We receive a lot of applications; prospective employees who network will likely get more of our attention than those who simply apply online. This goes back to being solution-oriented. Solution-oriented people who wish to stand out from the crowd are willing to use a different approach to applying.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
As a large Fortune 500 company, Toll Brothers will hire for a variety of roles. The company is implementing new systems to enhance our ability to serve customers in today's fast-paced, digital world, so one area of focus in this coming year will be on hiring quality candidates who can help with this transition.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can learn more about the company and career opportunities by visiting the Toll Brothers website and our Careers website. Through the Careers website, candidates can set up "search agents" that will notify them when specific positions are posted. We encourage candidates to also engage with our brand on various social platforms, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, to get an inside look at what it's like to work at Toll Brothers.
| 7% Job Growth|| 37% New hires by employee referrals|
| 20% Openings filled by current employees|| 50 Recent graduates hired|