What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I can be myself around here.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Toll Brothers builds luxury residential communities, resort-style golf communities, urban low-, mid-, and high-rise communities, as well as commercial and apartment properties, across the country. It operates its own architectural, engineering, mortgage, title, land development, and golf course development subsidiaries.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.tollbrothers.com/|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Horsham, Pennsylvania, 19044|| US Sites: 312|
| Major Locations: Horsham, Pennsylvania, 19044; Ashburn, Virginia, 20147; Orange, California, 92868|| US Employees: 4,994|
| US Revenues: $5,169.5 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $5,169.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: TOL|
| Founded: 1967|
Perks and Programs
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Guesthouses: The company makes available furnished luxury guesthouses for use as vacation houses at various resort destinations around the country. Guesthouses are located in Orlando, FL; Jupiter, FL; Hoboken, NJ; Palm Springs, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Cave Creek, AZ; Aspen, CO; Seattle, WA; and our nation's capital.
- Anniversary Trips: To acknowledge those who have given so much to our success, eligible employees are awarded a travel expense reimbursement for a getaway trip when they reach their 10th, 20th, and 30th anniversary with the company! Along with the travel reimbursement, employees are given a bonus of five days of paid leave to take this special trip. Recent trips include such faraway destinations as Alaska, Hong Kong, and Ireland.
- Triple Play Referral Reward: An employee can earn $1,000 each time a person he/she referred gets hired. In addition, employees who refer 3 hires within a 12-month period earn an additional $1,500.
- Health and Wellness Fair: The company hosts an annual Health Fair, where employees can get biometric screenings, hearing tests, etc.. meet purveyors of health-related services, and win prizes, such as gift certificates to area spas.
- Maternity Leave and Adoption Assistance: The company recognizes the importance of spending time with family on the special occasion of welcoming a child into the family. It supports employees’ efforts to do so by providing four weeks of paid maternity leave. Employees who are adoptive parents can be reimbursed up to $3,500 in assistance for expenses related to a qualified adoption.
- TollFit: TollFit is a companywide wellness initiative that encourages healthy living (e.g. recipes, Weight Watcher reimbursement), fitness (e.g. GlobalFit gym membership discounts, Activity Tracker), and awareness/screening (e.g. Colorectal Cancer Awareness, mobile mammogram screening).
- Smoking Cessation Program: The Quit-For-Life Smoking Cessation Program is 100% employer-paid.
- Onsite Vehicle Detailing and Maintenance: Employees appreciate the convenience of onsite mobile oil change service very four to six weeks and auto detailing service every two months.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 22 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 16 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||20 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|49 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|11 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||$3,500 Adoption benefit|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $285,179 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Toll Brothers, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
People who are passionate about their jobs and understand how they connect to the overall business are a great fit for the company. We seek people who offer solutions when confronted with challenging problems. We like to hire people who are genuine --- people who can be themselves.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Network. Find a connection at Toll Brothers and network. We receive a lot of applications; prospective employees who network will likely get more of our attention than those who simply apply online. This goes back to being solution-oriented. Solution-oriented people who wish to stand out from the crowd are willing to use a different approach to applying.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
As a large Fortune 500 company, Toll Brothers will hire for a variety of roles. The company is implementing new systems to enhance our ability to serve customers in today's fast-paced, digital world, so one area of focus in this coming year will be on hiring quality candidates who can help with this transition.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can learn more about the company and career opportunities by visiting the Toll Brothers website and our Careers website. Through the Careers website, candidates can set up "search agents" that will notify them when specific positions are posted. We encourage candidates to also engage with our brand on various social platforms, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, to get an inside look at what it's like to work at Toll Brothers.
| 1,300 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 27% Job Growth|
| 64 Average applicants per opening|| 100,000 Total job applicants|
| 37% New hires by employee referrals|| 20% Openings filled by current employees|
| 50 Recent graduates hired|| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 76% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|