What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked TIBCO to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
TIBCO helps companies to make better, faster, and smarter business decisions. From APIs to devices, TIBCO connects everything, captures data in real time, and augments the results. Over 10,000 global customers use TIBCO technology, from banks to airlines.
About this Company
| Website: www.tibco.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, 94304|| US Sites: 22|
| Major Locations: Waltham, Massachusetts; Atlanta, Georgia; Stafford, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Seattle, Washington; New York, New York; San Francisco, California|| US Employees: 1,357|
| Employees Worldwide: 3,381|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1997|
Perks and Programs
We asked TIBCO to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Surrogacy / Infertility Assistance Program: TIBCO’s Surrogacy/Infertility Assistance Program reimburses 100% of all eligible expenses associated with infertility and surrogacy, up to a lifetime maximum of $10,000.
- Commuter Program: $100 per month for employee commuter expenses
- Adoption Assistance Program: TIBCO’s adoption assistance program reimburses 100% of all eligible expenses associated with the adoption and placement of children, up to a maximum of $5,000 per child.
- Hybrid/Electric Car Reimbursement: One time benefit of $750
- Professional Time Off: TIBCO does not accrue vacation time for exempt employees. Employees are encouraged to take time off when needed.
- Education Reimbursement Program: TIBCO may reimburse regular, full-time employees up to $5,000 per calendar year of the costs of tuition, course fees, laboratory fees, books including the cost of e-books and rental books, equipment, and supplies associated directly with the course.
- Fitness Center: State of the art fitness center and classes for TIBCO HQ employees free of charge
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $87,801 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Sales|| $172,621 Average salary and additional cash compensation for R&D|
| $10000 Maximum match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $5,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 29 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 29 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (30% Food subsidy, Fitness center and fitness classes (Free), Chair massages, Dry Cleaning, Bicycle repair, Meditation courses, Weight Watchers)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||120 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|60 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Sr. Site Manager Leads environmental impact team|| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Sustainable commuting program|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Sr. Director Learning & Organizational Development is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked TIBCO for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The key characteristics are: Creative and collaborative; Willingness to be bold and take risks; Ability to dazzle our customers and deliver real-world impact
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Follow TIBCO accounts on social media
Attend a TIBCO webinar, hack-a-thon or meetup
Network with current employees. We have a great employee referral program.
Reach out directly to the talent acquisition team through LinkedIn or email.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are currently focused on our Technology (engineering) and Sales team, but are always focused on hiring the best and brightest future leaders across TIBCO
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit www.tibco.com/careers or our various social media accounts to learn about current opportunities and apply directly through our site and/or LinkedIn, Glassdoor, or through one of our awesome recruiters.
| 280 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -4% Job Growth|
| 34 Average applicants per opening|| 9,873 Total job applicants|
| 22% New hires by employee referrals|| 21% Openings filled by current employees|
| 62 Recent graduates hired|| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|