What Employees Say
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked Thumbtack, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Thumbtack is the app that finds you local professionals for any project. We connect millions of people with more than 250,000 pros across the US, and generate more than $1 billion in small business revenue each year.
About this Company
| Website: www.thumbtack.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94103|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Draper, Utah, 84020|| US Employees: 559|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked Thumbtack, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Culinary Program: We offer delicious and locally-sourced breakfast, lunch, dinner – even snacks and beverages – all prepared by our in-house culinary team of talented chefs from around the Bay Area, some from local Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Fully Paid Benefits: We're proud to offer 100%-paid premiums for Thumbtack employees and their family members as well as complimentary membership to One Medical.
- Unlimited PTO: The Thumbtack team works incredibly hard. That's why we encourage our employees to take a break when they need it with unlimited paid time off throughout the year.
- Wellness Program: Yoga is offered in the office twice each week, taught by our very own Thumbtack professionals. We also have an onsite gym in one of our offices, provide monthly massages, and offer discounted pricing at fitness centers around the city.
- Professional Career Coaching: We invite every employee to take advantage of one-on-one career coaching from external professional development coaches around the country.
- ERGs: Employees at Thumbtack have created multiple Employee Resource Groups supporting and celebrating people of different ethnic backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.
- Thumbtack Bucks: The best way for our us to improve our product is to use it often and give feedback. That's why each employee is allocated $450 per quarter to use towards hiring local professionals on Thumbtack.
- Education Stipend: Every year, we offer $1250 to employees to pursue professional development opportunities. This could include attending workshops, taking courses to learn new skills, buying books, and more.
- Mentorship Program and Thumbtack University Training: Each employee at Thumbtack goes through fun and comprehensive company training. We also have an annual mentorship program to help employees connect in ways they might not get to in their everyday work.
- Referrals: Great employee referrals are rewarded with cash incentives of up to $10,000 per hire.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for San Francisco population)|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for San Francisco population)|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $750 Average Tuition Reimbursement|| $1,250 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 18 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (62% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Medical facilities (only at headquarters)
- Onsite Amenities (We're all about health, happiness, and bringing people together. Every day, employees share breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared by our in-house culinary team not to mention healthy, homemade snacks and drinks. Our open floor plan fosters an energetic and collaborative environment. Plus, we have the option of standing desks and a doctor onsite who comes onsite each month for drop-ins and questions. We host weekly yoga classes taught by our very own Thumbtack pros and monthly happy hours (also provided by Thumbtack bartending pros). And don't forget foosball, ping pong, and a stockpile of boardgames for a little spontaneous friendly competition.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|80 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||80 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|80 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||30 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|30 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||30 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|30 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Office manager Leads environmental impact team|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- VP People is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees
- 10 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Thumbtack, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We're looking to hire the best people out there, plain and simple! We especially love ambitious yet humble, customer-centric, curious, team players.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Just be yourself. And we'll do the same!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Yes! We especially want to talk to you if you're a code writer, a product builder, or a designing designer.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Talk to us! https://www.thumbtack.com/jobs/
| 190 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 37% Job Growth|
| 53 Average applicants per opening|| 20,000 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 25 Recent graduates hired|