What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked ThousandEyes to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We help businesses identify what breaks where on the Internet so they can get it fixed, fast, before it impacts customer or employee experience.
About this Company
| Website: www.thousandeyes.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94105|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Austin, Texas, 78701; New York, New York|| US Employees: 215|
| Employees Worldwide: 250|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked ThousandEyes to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- On-site catering: 5 days a week, we offer on-site catering for breakfast and lunch, offering a wide variety of options and a culturally diverse menu. We cater in nearly every ethnic variety of food, from Ethiopian, to Mediterranean, Indian to Japanese. We are conscientious of dietary preferences, always offering vegan and vegetarian options, and we're intentional about mixing up variety often so there isn't menu fatigue. We also offer an extensive snack program, ranging from cereals to soup bowls, icecream to snack crackers, and we're always careful to have plenty of healthy options on hand.
- All-company meeting kickoff: Once a year, every year, we've taken the steps to bring our *entire* company together for an all-hands kickoff. This is different from a sales kickoff in its meant to be a time for the whole company to bond, celebrate our past achievements, and align on future plans moving forward. It's a large expense and a logistical challenge every year as we continue to grow, but we believe the payoff is immense in the relationships we're able to forge and reinforce during that week.
- Tenure recognition program: Every month, we celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. We have people stand up in front of the company and we celebrate their tenure, thanking them for their accomplishments. At the three year mark, employees are awarded with a fun bobble-head creation of themselves dressed in a ThousandEyes t-shirt and wearing a super hero cape to recognize their super hero stature at the company.
- Gaming / fun onsite recreation: We believe downtime is crucial for employee happiness and productivity. We offer a plethora of gaming options, from gaming consoles, a dedicated gaming room, to physical board games, foosball, ping pong, pacman, and a pool table.
- Wellness reimbursement: Physical fitness is important for employee health! We offer a $75 monthly stipend to be used for gym membership or fitness activities of the employee's choice.
- Company Swag: The first day you join Thousandeyes you're greeted with a plethora of swag, from stickers, to jackets, backpacks, t-shirts and more. We provide new swag every time we do something fun, notable and different. Kickoff always has new swag, hackdays get swag produced, etc.
- Monthly happy-hours and social events: More than once a month, we do company-wide happy hours that are sponsored by different departments, or the company as a whole. We get incredibly creative on the themes, from Diwali, to "pie day" to world cup themed, to halloween. Always fun decorations, ususally some dress up, fun original cocktails and competitions (e.g. pumpkin carving contest at Halloween, we did a bracket competition at world cup), etc.
- Tech-talks & knowledge transfer events: We *love* knowledge transfer sessions. Once a month or more we host both internal and external speakers to help stretch our brains and make sure we're always learning. Just recently we hosted two external speakers who are thought leaders in their respective spaces. We also have had a few internal speakers (both women and men) presenting on projects they've been working on recently. TechTalks are always followed by either a breakfast or a happy hour, depending on the time of day, to encourage discussion after-the-fact.
- Quarterly Hack Days: Hack days are a blast at ThousandEyes. Every quarter, we host a competition where we challenge the company to stop everything they're doing and instead focus on a hack that will somehow help the business in one way or another. We encourage cross-functional teams, and teams have done things like create a bench, create a way to help increase awareness around potential phishing scams, create a new recruiting video, create a data-driven approach to improving the alerting functionality within our own product, etc.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Does not include part time employees)|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (98% use it)
- Telecommute option (30% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Breakfast, lunch and snacks. Gaming (pool table, ping pong, game consoles, etc.) personal hygiene items in the bathrooms.)
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked ThousandEyes for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Are you passionate about what you do? Do you get excited about making an impact with customers? Are you in touch with your inner Superman or Wonderwoman? You could be a fit for us!
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Reach out to any of our team members on LinkedIn, we are all here to help find the next superhero for our team. Please also connect through https://www.thousandeyes.com/careers.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
ThousandEyes is growing across all functions and have tremendous opportunities in product management, engineering and sales.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If you are interested or know someone that you think would be a great fit, please check out our available openings at https://www.thousandeyes.com/careers.