What Employees Say
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People celebrate special events around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
What They Do
We asked Third Federal Savings & Loan to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a leading financial institution specializing in mortgage lending in 21 states and the District of Columbia. As a traditional savings and loan, we also specialize in savings and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs) and retirement CDs.
About this Company
| Website: www.thirdfederal.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Cleveland, Ohio|| US Sites: 47|
| Major Locations: Cleveland, Ohio; Parma, Ohio; Middleburg Heights, Ohio|| US Employees: 1,007|
| US Revenues: $408 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $408 million|
| Corporate Structure: Public|| Stock Symbol: TFSL|
| Founded: 1938|
Perks and Programs
We asked Third Federal Savings & Loan to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Commit to Fit: Provides up to $1200 gross during the year to associates for a working toward a healthy lifestyle. The program incorporates quarterly exercise, nutrition and stress management challenges to keep associates engaged.
- Commit to Quit: Third Federal is smoke free at our corporate campus and all of our branch locations. Any associate that commits to quitting smoking and does so for a year receives $1000 net for their effort.
- Stock ownership (ASOP: Each year since the company went public in 2007, our Board of Directors has granted an equal number of stock shares to each eligible associate, based on the company's performance. The shares are deposited into associates' 401(k) and are granted regardless of the associate's position in the company.
- Associate Appreciation Days: Associates marking their 5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45, or 50 years with the company receive an extra vacation day(s) the year after their anniversary as a thank you for their hard work and dedication. Associates with the company for 5 years receive one extra day, those with 10 years receive three extra days, and those with 15 or more, receive an extra week of vacation.
- Twice-yearly bonus opportunities: If the company meets or exceeds expectations, all associates are eligible to receive a cash bonus in January and July, based on the company’s business success and the associate's performance. It recognizes that it takes teamwork to keep us successful, and members of the team are rewarded for it.
- No office connectivity after work hours: Third Federal does not have company-issued laptops or smartphones because we value a work/life balance. There isn't the pressure put on associates to do work after hours, or while on vacation. In this way, associates can truly disconnect and spend quality time with their families and friends, resulting in a happier work environment.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 4% of an employee's salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock ownership plan
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- Take-home meals on a regular, daily basis
- Fitness classes
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- On-site package/mailing service
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 23 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 23 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 6 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (27% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (1% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|130 days Job-protected maternity leave||53 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|130 days Job-protected paternity leave||7 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$13,460 Adoption benefit||130 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Fitness center (only at headquarters)
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $3,579,965 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Third Federal Savings & Loan for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Listening to how they have conducted themselves as a member of a team, or team leader.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Having a strong resume and background working with a team, or teams is the big way to get our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always seeking to hire more associates with strong customer-service focused backgrounds.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates who do their homework by checking out our website and asking questions show that they are interested and engaged in the hiring process.
| 90 Job openings forecast for coming year|| -0% Job Growth|
| 82 Average applicants per opening|| 7,474 Applications received|
| 91 Positions filled in past year|| 20% New hires by employee referrals|
| 36 New positions created|| 15 Jobs filled by current employees|
| 2 New graduates hired|| 3% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 16% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|