What Employees Say
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Think Power Solutions, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a technology-driven field services & consulting company for the Electric Utility industry. Our core areas of expertise are in transmission line, substation, and distribution construction inspection, vegetation management, project controls, material inspection, storm assessments, drone and software services.
About this Company
| Website: http://thinkpowersolutions.com/|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Plano, Texas, 75025|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Houston, Texas, 77002; Golden, Colorado, 80401|| US Employees: 35|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2013|
Perks and Programs
We asked Think Power Solutions, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- 100% Employer paid healthcare for the employee: In an industry where most employers offer no healthcare coverage, Think Power Solutions offers 100% company paid healthcare year after year despite ever increasing healthcare increase premiums.
- Flexible work schedule: The management team is made up up young working parents who understand the challenges of raising kids and at the same time have a work/life balance. From the outset, Think Power Solutions has offered a flexible working schedule where the employees are judged based on results and not on the number of hours worked. The end goal for all Think Power employees is for the client to be happy with the service/product. Think Power employees set their own work schedule and balance it based on their specific life/kids and/or client requirements and/or schedule.
- Diverse work environment: Think Power Solutions believes that differences in age, race, gender and nationalities enriches the work experience and is a key component of our success. This is reflected in the makeup of our company employees and management.
- Profit sharing: In an industry where most employers offer no profit sharing of any sort, Think Power Solutions offers profit sharing to all employees.
- Unlimited vacation for salaried employees: Think Power Solutions salaried employees get unlimited vacation. This reinforces our commitment to work/life balance.
- 100% telecommuting: 100% of our employees have the ability to telecommute. We have 3 office locations where employees organize or attend client meetings and/or work.
- 100% company paid basic life insurance and long-term disability: 100% of our employees have basic life insurance and long-term disability insurance to give peace of mind to loved ones. Additionally, employees can purchase additional life insurance at competitive group rates. Through the long-term disability program, we protect our employees from loss of income in the event that he or she is unable to work due to illness, injury, or accident for a long period of time.
- Open door policy: We believe in complete transparency at Think Power Solutions. We take immense pride in our culture - lack of bureaucracy and openness between all employees. All ideas are heard and fielded. Relevant ideas are tried and tested. We encourage employees to innovate. Small failures and entrepreneurial activities are encouraged to foster continuous development of employees and the company. There is an open line of communication between all employees and the leadership team.
- Culture, Values, and Community Impact: We make a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work. We actively sponsor and donate to nonprofit organizations locally and globally. Additionally, we support our employees who take a leadership role in non-profit or community boards and provide them an opportunity make a positive influence in their communities.
- Professional Skills Development: Think Power employees enrich their professional skills by participating in conferences, seminars, professional organizations. Additionally, the tuition reimbursement program encourages employees to pursue courses and certifications that promotes professional skills development relevant to their chosen career paths.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $75,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Field Project Manager|| $90,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Project Manager|
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 100)|| $2,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $2,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
- Job sharing (100% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (100% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Food and drinks)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||7 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|7 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||7 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|7 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||7 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $20,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Think Power Solutions, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
1. Team player with ability to work independently - Self starter
2. Ability to overcome failures and setbacks - Tenacity and grit
3. Willingness to learn and adapt to continuous changes - Ability to adapt to change
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We like candidates who are honest and open in their application and interviews. Because, that is the culture of the company. Be open about your experiences and failures, the lessons learned in the past. If the culture fits and the technical skills are a match, we would love to hire you!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
1. Transmission, Substation, and Distribution construction inspectors
3. Project Controls Associates
4. Project Manager's for the Electric Utility industry
5. Software developers
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at http://thinkpowersolutions.com/. Send us a message if you find an open position and/or if you are interested to work for us.
| 35 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 142% Job Growth|
| 10 Average applicants per opening|| 250 Total job applicants|
| 100% New hires by employee referrals|| 25% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|