What Employees Say
Management is competent at running the business.
People care about each other here.
I can be myself around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
This is a fun place to work.
What They Do
We asked The Wireless Experience to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
A leading wireless AT&T and Cricket Wireless retailer operating 80+ stores across the Northeast. We pride ourselves in making sure your experience with us is second to none. At The Wireless Experience, the difference is clear!
About this Company
| Website: www.thewirelessexperience.com|| Industry: Retail|
| US Headquarters: TOMS RIVER, New Jersey, 08755|| US Sites: 83|
| US Employees: 412|| US Revenues: $100 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $100 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1997|
Perks and Programs
We asked The Wireless Experience to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Summit: TWE holds an annual Summit in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The event allows all employees to interact from all four states and learn about the latest products and attend an award ceremony dinner. The event is highlighted with a late night after-party.
- Townhall Awards throughout the year: TWE holds town hall awards throughout the year that showcase the top sellers in the market and allows questions to the CEO. These events have been held at places like Dave & Busters to provide some fun afterwards.
- Volunteer: TWE encourages employees to volunteer in programs that they feel are important. TWE makes donations and provides support to these programs chosen by employees. The efforts are highlighted on a company website located at www.twecares.com.
- First access to the newest technology. : Employees are given first access to the latest mobile phones and tablets.
- Autism Awareness: TWE supports local programs for Autism Awareness. TWE holds an annual Softball event and in-store fundraising that drives support to several Autism programs. Employees are encouraged to be apart of the program and attend the games.
- Shirts : TWE provides new shirts to its sellers on a quarterly basis.
- Contests: TWE conducts numerous sales contests of which prizes have included everything from trips to new TVs.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $31,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Wireless Specialist|| $38,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Store Manager|
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||50% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 25% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 10 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 6 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $55,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $5,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked The Wireless Experience for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
They are engaged and love technology. They have the passion to share with others.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
They are prepared and are always asking questions.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking to hire more women and Veterans in our work force.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
visit our website at www.thewirelessexperience.com
| 240 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 43% Job Growth|
| 7 Average applicants per opening|| 2,000 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 5% Openings filled by current employees|
| 150 Recent graduates hired|| 10% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 188% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|