What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I believe management would lay people off only as a last resort.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked The Markens Group, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
TMG is an accredited association management company that provides outsourced professional services including strategic leadership, financial management, event planning, member relations, marketing and communications, program management, website, social media, and general administration to trade associations, membership societies, and nonprofit foundations.
About this Company
| Website: markens.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Springfield, Massachusetts, 01103|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Springfield, Massachusetts, 01103|| US Employees: 13|
| US Revenues: $1.5 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $1.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1988|
Perks and Programs
We asked The Markens Group, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Bonus: Employees receive up to three weeks pay each year.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We offer employees this benefit. While our policy has a set limit, we award higher amounts this on a case by case basis.
- Leadership Training: We offer paid tuition and time off to participate in our community leadership programs.
- Day of Caring: We participate in United Way's Day of Caring.
- Lunch and Learns: We hold regular in-house training.
- Charitable Matching: We match employee choices for charitable giving.
- Volunteer: We encourage employees to volunteer on company time in their community and areas of interest to them
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $1,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 21 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) |
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 104 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $1,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked The Markens Group, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Previous experience in a customer facing job or internship. Team oriented. Each position has a Predictive Index (PI) profile. We interview to our company values. We interview to understand if the candidate feels strongly about our work in building communities in associations. We do try to hire for fit and ability (or capacity) rather than experinece
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be energetic. Have great communication skills - verbal and writtren. Have a can-do attitude.
| 2 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 8% Job Growth|
| 3 Average applicants per opening|| 6 Total job applicants|
| 2 Recent graduates hired|| 11% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|