What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
People celebrate special events around here.
What They Do
We asked The Gap Partnership (The Gap Partnership Americas) to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are the world’s leading negotiation consultancy, specializing in developing negotiation behavioral change programs. We do this through our negotiation development workshops and through our consulting proposition; all underpinned by the caliber and brilliance of our people.
About this Company
| Website: www.thegappartnership.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Rye, New York, 10580|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 40|| Employees Worldwide: 200|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked The Gap Partnership (The Gap Partnership Americas) to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Americas Team Week: Our consults are on the road up 75% of the year. Although we talk and Skype frequently, there is no substitute for F2F interaction. Summer and Winter Team Week is an important opportunity for the entire Americas business to come together, to improve our sales and consulting capabilities, and at the top of the agenda, make our new joiners feel welcome and give familiar colleagues a chance to reconnect. We try to bring team building and community involvement together. Most recently we hosted build-a-bike for deserving children in our community, giving each child a bike purchased by the company and assembled by our team.
- Global Team Week: This year Global Team week was held in Sorrento, Italy. Every employee regardless of role, rank, or length of service traveled to Italy for a week of team building with colleagues from across the planet. Feedback from previous Global Team Weeks informed us that our employees valued connecting with international colleagues through fun and social activities more than any meetings or training. Therefore every activity will focus on creating interactions, new experiences and shared understanding for all our employees. We are proud of our bi-annual Global Team Week because it’s a clear sign that we are investing to bring our whole team together to connect with one another, to build stronger working relationships and to invest in us understanding our company culture more.
- Vision/Strategy Jam: Despite having employees based all over the world, we work hard to keep the lines of communication open. The recent Strategy and Vision session has been one of the key methods used to ensure that all employees have the opportunity to voice their views. These are then gathered and reviewed by the Leadership Team and as a result we have updated our strategy document. These ideas from across the team are recognized as being one of the key drivers that has helped develop the Company over the years, and helped to achieve the current marketing position.
- Engagement Champions: The Engagement Champions team were formed after our first GPTW survey in 2014. They meet with our CEO, Steve and Chief Talent Officer, Rachael, regularly. They also meet with their local Regional Head to discuss how they should best manage engagement. After the annual survey we communicate the global results at a company meeting and then the local Engagement Champions work with their HRBP and Regional Head to create the communication and action plan for them locally i.e. sharing the results and taking the lead on actions to address highlighted areas. In America the Champions ran focus groups after the 2016 survey and presented back suggestions to the Regional Head for approval, many of which have been implemented already
- Recognition: There are many different levels of recognition within The Gap Partnership, ranging from informal thanks on an individual basis to official recognition of achievements. The Company tries to ensure that recognition is delivered in a style suitable to the individual. For example, some employees best respond to a quiet thank you from their Manager over coffee, while others would enjoy an official announcement at one of the Company Meetings. The Line Manager training program provides Line Managers with suggestions on how to effectively and appropriately do this within their teams and also explains the types of recognition they have available to them to utilize e.g. financial reward, announcement of achievement in the TGP Newsletter and weekly emails.
- Profit Sharing: All employees within The Gap Partnership are eligible for our annual financial bonus scheme, where depending on a number of factors (company, regional and personal performance), they receive a share of the Company profits based on their remuneration grade.
- Onboarding/Orientation: Quarterly, we conduct a week long company orientation induction at our UK Head Office for all new starters globally. The purpose of the week is for new starters to understand our culture, strategy and values, as well as what our central (HQ) functional priorities are. Through bringing new starters together we aim to create a feeling of being in this together and a sense of cohort whereby individuals form strong relationships with others from around the world, supporting our One Team value. This encourages new starters to share best practice and communicate more with those people who were on their program once they go back to their local office.
- Referral Program: Over the last year we have put a lot of emphasis on referrals for recruitment as we believe that our current Consultants are best placed to identify prospective future team members. We have seen great success in this area. Employees who refer a successful candidate receive a monetary award following the successful completion of the candidate’s six month probation period. The referral rewards equates to $3,000 for office based roles and $5,000 for Consultants.
- Future Leader Program: The Future Leader program is a new internal program that was created to highlight rising talent with strong potential. Employees have to be nominated for the program. In the Americas, we currently have 2 attending the program and they get to participate in this program with other global employees and work on topics where they get Executive Committee exposure.
- Line Manager- 1st 90 Days Program: The Line Manager - 1st 90 Days Program is currently in-pilot. It's meant for new people manager's to have the right training and guidance as they take on people management responsibility within the first 90 days of their role. It's a combination of coaching, peer group networking, reading and check-in meetings. We anticipate more participation in this program next fiscal as right now, just a few Americas are attending due to the pilot.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Set days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|94 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $500 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked The Gap Partnership (The Gap Partnership Americas) for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for strong EQ and IQ and candidates that are autonomous and self-motivated, self-driven. We are a small growing company where employees can take the reigns of their role and destiny without a clear playbook.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We encourage them to visit the links listed below but reach out to us to "have a conversation" or network with one of our employees or Delivery Consultants. If you're interested, sign-up for an Open Workshop and see what our product offering is all about.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Client Services Administrators
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should visit our website or LinkedIn page.
| 17 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 14% Job Growth|
| 65 Average applicants per opening|| 25% Openings filled by current employees|