What Employees Say
This is a physically safe place to work.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I want to work here for a long time.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked The Chemours Company to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Chemours is a global leader in titanium technologies, fluoroproducts and chemical solutions, providing customers across industries with solutions through market-defining products, application expertise and chemistry-based innovations. Chemours helps create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
About this Company
| Website: www.chemours.com|| Industry: Manufacturing & Production|
| US Headquarters: Wilmington, Delaware, 19899|| US Sites: 20|
| Major Locations: DeLisle, Mississippi, 39571; Washington, West Virginia, 26181; New Johnsonville, Tennessee, 37134; Deepwater, New Jersey, 08023; Fayetteville, North Carolina, 28306; Corpus Christie, Texas, 78359; Belle, West Virginia, 25015|| US Employees: 4,635|
| US Revenues: $2,288 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $6,200 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 7,059|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: CC|| Founded: 2015|
Perks and Programs
We asked The Chemours Company to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program: The company’s Collective Entrepreneurship value serves to encourage employees to act like they own the company. Our employees take ownership for the results of the company and are empowered to generate ways to grow and improve the business and take action to ensure Chemours lives up to our five values all the time and in everything we do. We want employees to be owners literally, and the Employee Stock Purchase Program does that. Employees may invest up to 10 percent of their pay in Chemours stock at a 5 percent discount.
- Inclusion Networks: This program promotes inclusion, diversity, and understanding among employees through employee-led affinity groups. Chemours employees can connect through our seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): Chroma (supports people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender); Chemours Black Employees Network; Early Career Network (supports employees who are less than 10 years into their careers); Chemours Asian Group; Chemours Women’s Network; Chemours Veterans Network; and Chemours Hispanic Network. With the company’s support and the sponsorships of our senior leadership team, each Chemours affinity groups has built a three-year road map and established annual goals to address talent development and business and community service. Each group sponsors various events/initiatives to provide support and/or promote understanding.
- Amplify: Amplify is an experiential, cohort-based program that includes a three-day session of intense, focused leadership training. The program includes pre- and post-session work on the part of participants and engagement by Front Line Leaders (FLL) site leadership. Of the roughly 4,500 Chemours employees in the United States, 70% work in manufacturing sites, led by Front Line Leaders. FLLs are our most impactful leaders because they have the largest and most direct influence on employees. By investing in FLLs, we can ensure that employees experience the positive culture and values that define Chemours. We invest $100k to deliver each Amplify program.
- Executive Development Program: This program, managed through the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business, is designed for executives who have both the ability and the desire to take on more responsibility and to advance to higher levels within Chemours. The investment in executive talent ensures we build a robust and sustainable bench to grow our business for the long term.
- Ability to Execute: Ability to Execute is a training course delivered as a 1½ day on-site program and also available on demand through digital, bite-sized modules. The program comprises 17 distinct lessons and is designed specifically around Chemours values and desired competencies and behaviors. Employees may access the course at any time. One of the course's many benefits is providing employees with a common vocabulary with which to address challenges and opportunities.
- Paid Day of Service: Chemours employees worldwide may use one paid day of service annually to volunteer with organizations committed to serving the community where the employee lives and/or works. This day may be taken as a full day or in half-day increments. As an added bonus, we encourage teams to volunteer together as a part of the Black Employees Network celebration of Martin Luther King Day.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may receive up to $7,500 annually in tuition reimbursement related to the pursuit of education that has strong potential to contribute to job performance and/or career advancement within the company.
- United Way Campaign: Each year, the company works closely with the local United Way to promote financial support as well as volunteer support for United Way-sponsored programs and initiatives. This support features a wide range of events and activities designed to raise funds for the United Way. It includes promoting participation in United Way Days of Caring, which offer teams of employees opportunities to bond while doing community service.
- Udemy.com: With an eye toward talent and skills development, the Company has made this online learning platform available to all employees. There are more than 80,000 courses available on the Udemy.com website, all of them aimed at working professionals. We connect the courses to our values and competencies and deploy specific programs ad hoc to drive knowledge and develop employees in everything from unconscious bias to executive presentations. Udemy.com gives our employees on-demand learning whenever and wherever they want it.
- Health Benefit: Employees have access to resources that encourage them to take an active role in managing and improving their health. US employees will have the opportunity to get a monthly insurance premium discount by participating in three free confidential health screening programs: 1. Bio-Metric Screening—This free screening provides a health baseline that can be used to evaluate risk for a variety of health issues, including high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, and diabetes. 2. Health Risk Assessment (HRA)—This 15-minute paper/online personal health survey helps employees understand how their lifestyles contribute to their overall health. 3. Tobacco Screening— Employees who use tobacco products have access to free resources, including free tobacco cessation medication, to help them quit.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 20 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $7,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 27 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 27 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Unlimited Sick Paid time off|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 27 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 27 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (20% use it)
- Telecommute option (20% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (10% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Medical facilities (at all locations)
- Onsite Amenities (free confidential biometric health screening
free confidential skin cancer screening
free coffee & tea
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||20 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$5,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $1,300,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $203,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| VP Sustainability & Remediation Leads environmental impact team|
| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Recycling program|
- VP Talent Management oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees; Disabled employees; Employees reentering the workforce
- 70 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked The Chemours Company for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for prospective candidates who will align well with our Chemours company values - customer centered, refreshing simplicity, collective entreprenuership, safety obsession and unshakeable integrity
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Successful candidates do a great job of demonstrating how they understand and have demonstrated in the past our company values and ten competencies. These behaviors and competencies are inextricably linked to business performance.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We will be hiring for all functions, examples of jobs are from Administrative Assistants to Scientists, Chemists and Engineers to Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance and Legal roles as well as plant operators throughout the US and global.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can start by checking our careers page at https://www.chemours.com/join-our-team/. We also have page on LinkedIn and Glassdoor.com
| 950 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 5% Job Growth|
| 63 Average applicants per opening|| 52,003 Total job applicants|
| 12% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 162 Recent graduates hired|| 6% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 33% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|