What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
I can be myself around here.
People celebrate special events around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
What They Do
We asked Texas Roadhouse to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Texas Roadhouse, Inc. owns and operates over 500 casual-dining restaurants in 49 states and six countries. The company, which was founded in 1993, has 58,000 employees nationwide. Texas Roadhouse is famous for hand-cut steaks, made-from-scratch sides, fresh-baked bread, and its lively atmosphere.
About this Company
| Website: www.texasroadhouse.com|| Industry: Hospitality|
| US Headquarters: Louisville, Kentucky, 40205|| US Employees: 58,905|
| US Revenues: $1,990.7 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $1,990.7 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 58,905|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: TXRH|| Founded: 1993|
Perks and Programs
We asked Texas Roadhouse to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Andy's Outreach Fund: Andy's Outreach Fund is a charitable 501(c)(3) fund established to assist employees in times of need, including medical emergencies and other hardships. Roadies contribute to the fund and the profits from one of the Texas Roadhouse stores are donated to Andy's Outreach. Since its inception in 2003, Andy's has helped over 6000 employees and given over $9 million in grants.
- Fun with Purpose: Our culture is built around fun. We work hard, but we play hard too! The Support Center and stores are all encouraged to spend time and money on having fun. Our stores have themed nights, contests, and team building opportunities throughout the year. Each quarter, departments at the Support Center plan fun outings to the zoo, amusement parks, or have a relaxing day at the lake. This year we even had a "National Bubble Wrap" day where bubble wrap was spread throughout the building (yes, popping all day) and we had a human foosball tournament. The fun is never ending fun!
- Roadie Recognition: We recognize anniversaries, significant achievements, Roadie of the Quarter and Year, Leadership, Department of the Year, etc. The best recognition is our Annual Conference where we take all of our Managing Partners (and a guest) to a resort and spend four days recognizing their hard work and successes for the year. We also recognize the top Meat Cutter, Service Manager, Kitchen Manager, Service Coach, Product Coach, and Local Store Marketer of the Year. The ultimate award is the Managing Partner of the Year award where the winner receives $25,000, a car, a ring, a silver belt buckle, and even cowboy boots. Every year Roadies receive a catalog to pick merchandise from on their anniversary.
- People-first Culture: At Texas Roadhouse we believe in putting our people first. We are a family, not just an employer, so we treat our people like family. Being a dinner-only concept promotes better work-life balance for our Roadies. Communicating during Alley Rallies before every shift to motivate, educate, and appreciate our family is key. We dress casually at work – wearing jeans at our stores and even at the Support Center.
- Legendary Leadership: Although our company has only been around for 24 years, our five top executives combined have over 80 years of experience with the company. We are proud to have the longest tenured executive team in our category. Our founder is highly involved with the business. Kent is supportive of our culture of fun and giving. In our last two engagement surveys conducted at our Support Center, trust in our leadership was ranked the highest.
- Shared Ownership: Our bonuses are paid out monthly to our field managers and quarterly to our Support Center employees. All managers and Support Center employees are eligible for profit sharing. There is not a cap on the percentage the bonuses can pay, so the more successful the company is, the more the employees get to share in the success.
- Roadie Family: Family extends beyond just our employees. For example, at the Support Center, not only do we pay for the school supplies of our Roadies' kids, we do the shopping for them. All they have to do is give us their school supply list and we get everything they need. We also buy them new LL Bean backpacks every other year for their kids.
- We Love Our Jobs: From the day a new Roadie starts at Texas Roadhouse and throughout the year, we are given lots of logo wear, hats, backpacks, koozies, etc. that we wear proudly. The most popular T-Shirt is our "I Love My Job" T-Shirts. This isn't just a phrase, it's an attitude and our guests can see that we love our jobs through our smiling faces and teamwork during every shift.
- We Serve More Than Steak: At Texas Roadhouse, we love our communities! Our goal is to leave every community we are in, better than when we found it. You'll see our Roadies both in the restaurants and out in the community supporting local charitable organizations, schools, and fundraisers. We believe in donating not only money towards causes we support, but we love getting out and serving in our communities too. We are proud of our longtime partnerships with Homes for Our Troops and Special Olympics. One of our largest annual fundraisers is our Homes for Our Troops Motorcycle Ride that takes place every year to help build homes for severely injured veterans.
- The Road to Legendary: We have ongoing development opportunities all year. Departments budget to support our Roadies in their personal development. This includes seminars, conference, online courses, obtaining their CPA, certifications, etc. In addition, we have a cross functional leadership committee (ULEAD) that focuses on providing opportunities to our Roadies to grow and improve their overall well-being. Each Market promotes growth and development opportunities through training and events. Each Region has Women's Leadership events in their areas with between one and four events per year to include all generations of our leadership from Hourly Keys to Market Partners.
How to Get Hired
We asked Texas Roadhouse for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for team members who embrace our Core Values of Passion, Partnership, Integrity and Fun with Purpose. Future Roadies are people who aspire higher, motivate, appreciate and develop others. We provide growth opportunities and look for motivated team members who are looking for more than just their next job.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Applicants that are driven should reach out. Complete our online application, network with us on LinkedIN, or stop in and visit us at our restaurants. When we stop by your table tell us about your aspirations; we are always looking for new team members and we want to help you join our team.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested in joining our Legendary Team? Connect with us on our website, www.apply.texasroadhouse.com, and complete our contact form. We’ll send out additional information based on your preferences for future job openings and events at Texas Roadhouse.