What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
This is a physically safe place to work.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
A comprehensive, inpatient, rehabilitation hospital dedicated to providing rehabilitation services that improve the lives of people recovering from the disabling effects of an acute illness or injury. We offer specialized treatment programs in stroke, brain injury, amputee recovery, orthopedic and neurological rehab.
About this Company
| Website: www.texasrehabhospital.com|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Fort Worth, Texas|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Fort Worth, Texas|| US Employees: 150|
| US Revenues: $25.99 million|| Corporate Structure: Partnership|
| Founded: 2011|
Perks and Programs
We asked Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Texas Rehab Rockstars: a group of employees who participate in community runs and events to raise awareness for causes that might benefit from their services, i.e. American Heart Association walk, breast cancer, brain tumor walk
- UDS top 1: our hospital ranked in the top 1% of over 700 rehabilitation hospitals nationwide in the way of our clinical outcomes
- Student programs: we have clinical affiliations will over 2 dozen universities across the country with a variety of programs, nursing, physical, speech, occupational therapy and social work. We host on average 8 students each semester.
- National Rehab Week: We celebrate this week each year with daily activities, recognitions and fun. last year every employee received a free t-shirt and ice cream social
- CARF accreditations: We are the only rehabilitation hospital in the area that is not only joint commission accredited but also CARF accredited in general rehab and two disease specific accreditations in brain injury and stroke.
- CRRN: certified rehabilitation registered nurse We encourage and pay for our RNs to take this exam and upon certification, they're rewarded monetarily each time they work and receive an annual bonus to maintain this certification.
- Diabetes Mgmt Program Certification: only the third rehabilitation hospital in the nation to have obtained a diabetes mgmt. program certification.
- Happy Halloween: Texas Rehab of Ft. Worth goes all out for Halloween. Everyone participates in costume contests and patients participate in carnival type activities during the day. We start deciding our costumes months in advance.
- 401(k) plan
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Blood pressure screening
- Complete biometric screening
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for characteristics that demonstrate our values; those of respect, integrity, service and excellence. It starts with their first interactions. We recognize those applicants that are respectful during the interview process and those who do what they say they're going to do in a timely fashion and with a good attitude. We also look for employees who want to work here because of who we are and what we do, not just because they need a paycheck. Texas Rehab understands that people have choices in healthcare, and we want them to be here for the right reasons which we believe makes all the difference.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be courteous, timely and prepared. Also, flexiblity in healthcare is imparative.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
visit our webstie at www.texasrehabhospital.com and learn more about rehabilitation and the services we provide.
| 2 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 2% Job Growth|
| 34 Positions filled in past year|| 60% New hires by employee referrals|
| 7 New positions created|| 27 Jobs filled by current employees|
| 4 New graduates hired|| 1% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|