What Employees Say
We have special and unique benefits here.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
People are encouraged to balance their work life and their personal life.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management shows a sincere interest in me as a person, not just an employee.
What They Do
We asked TCG, Inc to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
TCG delivers the positively distinct IT and management advisory services that propels America forward. We help government agencies achieve the amazing, saving taxpayers more than $1 billion.
About this Company
| Website: www.tcg.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Washington, District of Columbia, 20001|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: Washington, District of Columbia, 20001|| US Employees: 131|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1994|
Perks and Programs
We asked TCG, Inc to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Telework: TCG has adopted a telecommute-first model, where management prefers and advocates for employees to work remotely. As of September 2016, 74% of TCGers telecommute at least one day per week; nearly 50% telecommute five days per week. Since 97% of our staff live in the DC metro area, our telecommute model is keeping a lot of cars off of the road, conserving approximately 42,000 gallons of fuel each year. In 2017, TCG was recognized by the Washington, DC Department of Transportation and Commuter Connections for it exceptional telework program.
- Commuter Benefits: TCG pays for an annual bikeshare membership (a service of Capital Bikeshare), and reimburses up to $200 a year for bike-related expenses for staff who use a bicycle as their primary mode of transportation. TCG will reimburse up to $75 for walking shoes twice a year if an employee primarily walks to onsite work. We also offer pre-tax mass transit/parking and a Metro SmartBenefits program.
- TCG Sprees: Once per month, TCG provides groups of employees up to $1,000 to organize social gatherings. The nature of the gatherings is open-ended. The only restriction is that the outing is open to all TCG employees, and the group have at least six people involved. We’ve had employees organize trips to sporting events, play paintball together, go fishing, learn how to scuba dive, and hold cooking classes in their homes.
- Ticket Giveaways: TCG purchases and then gives out tickets to employees for sporting and theater events year-round. All an employee needs to do is look through a list of available tickets, choose which they want, and then pick the tickets up at the box office on the day of the event.
- Adoption Assistance: Full-time TCGers who adopt a child (age 18 or under) are eligible for a reimbursement of up to $12,000 per adoption to help cover legal fees, court costs, adoption agency fees, and travel expenses. Additionally, TCGers can allocate up to $13,570 of pre-tax income to a flexible spending account each year to help cover expenses.
- Bonus.ly: TCG gives Bonus.ly accounts to every TCG employee, and the monthly ration of 100 points can be rewarded to coworkers who exemplify our core values and do a great job. Earned points can be cashed in for gift cards, charitable donations, and even paid time off.
- Backup Child Care: Life happens. Sometimes the babysitter gets sick, or the kid gets sick and can't go to school. Emergency in-home childcare helps on days when a regular childcare is not an option. TCG makes the service available to staff and picks up the bulk of the tab.
- Fitness Competitions : All employees are welcome to participate in monthly fitness competitions. HR enrolls the employee in Incentfit, an app that hosts our contests. The employee can then link their fitness tracker to the app and see how their fitness accomplishments measure up to their coworkers’. Prizes are given out monthly to those who win the competitions and again annually for those who had a stellar year.
- Telehealth: This service is 100% free to all TCG employees and their family members. TCGers have 24/7/365 access to a national network of U.S. board-certified physicians and pediatricians who can resolve many medical issues via phone or online video consultations. They offer quality healthcare anytime, anywhere, at no charge to employees.
- Vacation Purchase Plan: For employees who would like to plan a vacation but have not accrued enough vacation time can participate in the Vacation Purchase Plan. The plan lets employees put aside some money from each paycheck and get from one to five more vacation days each year.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Employees have four insurance plans to choose from. Everyone is eligible for all of the plans. One of the plans is 100% paid by the company.)|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Employees have four insurance plans to choose from. Everyone is eligible for all of the plans. One of the plans is 100% paid by the company.)|
| $2,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 20 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (79% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (25% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|102 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||15 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|102 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||15 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|$16,000 Adoption benefit||102 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|15 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- On-site or near-site backup childcare center
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $2,441 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Director of HR is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked TCG, Inc for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Each job candidate is first invited to a screening interview. The job candidate is not aware of it, but during the screening interview, recruiters are accessing the candidate's alignment with the company’s core values. Those who exhibit our core values are invited to move to the next phase in our interview process.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
TCG is Positively Distinct, and that’s because our employees are Positively Distinct as well. We look for people who are not afraid to challenge convention (politely and cogently!) in the name of making things better now and in the future.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates can visit www.tcg.com/careers/ to learn about available positions at TCG, benefits, and learn more about the company.
| 30 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 15% Job Growth|
| 59 Average applicants per opening|| 3,000 Total job applicants|
| 16% Openings filled by current employees|| 1 Recent graduates hired|
| 11% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|