What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
What They Do
We asked Tapestry Technologies, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Tapestry Technologies is a small business systems integrator that provides the United States Department of Defense (DoD) with professional services in the areas of cybersecurity, network and systems engineering, training, and IT support.
About this Company
| Website: http://tapestrytech.com/|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Chambersburg, Pennsylvania|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Herndon, Virginia; Suffolk, Virginia|| US Employees: 83|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|| Founded: 2005|
Perks and Programs
We asked Tapestry Technologies, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Morale Boosting Events: Tapestry provides many opportunities for our team to come together and build camaraderie that facilitates better on the job collaboration. Such events include monthly lunches, bagel Fridays in the winter, weekly cookouts in the summer, picnics, baseball games, theater trips, and holiday parties.
- Appreciation, Awards, and Bonuses: Tapestry employees receive on-the-spot awards of extra time off, gift cards, and bonuses for a job well done. Tapestry also honors employees every year with holiday bonuses and appreciation awards based on years of service.
- Company Paid Health Insurance: Tapestry employees and their dependents receive health, dental, and vision insurance with premiums and deductibles 100% covered by the company.
- Company Paid Life Insurance: Tapestry Technologies provides employees with term life insurance with premiums 100% covered by the company.
- Company Paid Disability Insurance: Tapestry Technologies provides employees with long-term and short-term disability insurance with premiums 100% covered by the company.
- Pet Insurance: Tapestry offers pet insurance for employees to provide for the well-being of their domesticated animals.
- Monthly Cellular Discount: Employees at Tapestry Technologies are eligible for savings on the monthly service charge of their wireless plans.
- Formal Mentoring Program: Tapestry pairs new employees with seasoned company and industry veterans to facilitate integration into our work environment. The mentor/mentee pair documents goals for progress and is encouraged to get together for regular informal meetings. We also host informational luncheons for those enrolled in the mentoring program.
- Training Allowance: Tapestry employees receive an annual training allotment to apply toward qualified training and professional development courses.
- Matching 401k: Tapestry offers a 3% matching 401k plan that provides employees peace of mind in knowing they are preparing for their future retirement.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 3% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 10% of an employee's salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free snacks during the day
- Dry cleaning
- Free beverages during the day
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 26 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (20% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
|10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $10,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Tapestry Technologies, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
As a small busines it is important that employees think on their feet, adapt quickly to changing priorites, and do whatever it takes, regardless of their role or position, to get things done. We try to determine through phone interviews and face-to face interviews if candidates have these abilities and meet the technical requirements for their target position. Future employees who are a great fit with our company tend to demonstrate these traits through examples of past successes as both individual performers and as team players. Their examples will be documented on their cover letters, resumes or communicated at some point during the interview process.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Have a clear and accurate resume that clearly represents your capabilities. Industry certifications and government security clearances can help get our attention as well because contracts that we bid on often require both.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
During the next year we will be focused on individuals with cybersecurity, engineering and training backgrounds. Experience in the Department of Defense is always an added bonus for Tapestry.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates should go to our career website at www.tapestrytech.com/careers and submit their resume.
| 50 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 51% Job Growth|
| 7 Average applicants per opening|| 262 Applications received|
| 28 Positions filled in past year|| 10% New hires by employee referrals|
| 28 New positions created|| 31% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|