What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I feel I make a difference here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I can be myself around here.
What They Do
We asked Symphony Post Acute Network to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We provide healthcare services at 26 locations ranging from post acute rehabilitation, behavioral health, long term care, dialysis, alzheimer care, and many specialty services including wound care, cardiac, and orthopedic rehabilitation.
About this Company
| Website: www.symphonypan.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Lincolnwood, Illinois, 60712|| US Sites: 26|
| US Employees: 3,011|| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|
| Founded: 1976|
Perks and Programs
We asked Symphony Post Acute Network to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Heart and Soul: This program provides financial support to employees in need at times of financial stress. All employees can contribute and or be a recipient if needed.
- CNA in Training: We bring in people in the communities we serve, and train them to become Certified Nursing Assistants while paying for them to attend a CNA training program within the community. We also sponsor staff from other departments such as Laundry and Housekeeping.
- Staff Massages: Some of our locations offer staff free massages one day a week at the facility.
- Star Bucks Coffee Discounts: For the locations that have a Starbucks Cafe in the facility we offer staff discounts.
- Bus Pass Reimbursement: For those locations with public transit we offer a 50% payment towards their monthly bus pass.
- Pick Up Shift Bonuses: For certain location we offer staff additional compensation when they volunteer to pick up an extra shift during the week.
- Referral Bonuses: For those employees that refer a friend to work for us we offer a bonus payment for that employee referral.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 55% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 11 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 53 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 11 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (2% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (4% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Star Bucks Coffee onsite, massages, meals)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|84 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|84 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||84 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $25,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Symphony Post Acute Network for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
They must show a passion for caring for those in need. Our guests needs are challenging, so it's crucial that those who chose to work in this industry feel compelled to provide the highest level of compassionate care challenging and the only reason someone works in this industry is their love to provide compassionate care to those in need.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
In their resume they should highlight why they want to work in this industry and with our guests.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Registered nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Nursing Assistants.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Click on the Career tab of our website at symphonypan.com
| 2,000 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 2 Average applicants per opening|
| 4,500 Total job applicants|| 4% New hires by employee referrals|
| 3% Openings filled by current employees|| 567 Recent graduates hired|
| 54% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 65% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|