What Employees Say
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked SVM, LP to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Since 1997, SVM and our dedicated employees have helped organizations reward their customers and motivate their staff. We offer gift, prepaid, and reward cards from hundreds of nationally recognized brands, with solutions focused on bulk, individual and fully custom fulfillment services.
About this Company
| Website: www.svmcards.com|| Industry: Retail|
| US Headquarters: Arlington Heights, Illinois, 60004|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois, 60004|| US Employees: 100|
| Employees Worldwide: 59|| Corporate Structure: Partnership|
| Founded: 1997|
Perks and Programs
We asked SVM, LP to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Blackjack Party: A highlight on SVM’s calendar is the annual Blackjack Night. The party gives staff a chance to relax and have fun together without the standard pressures of work. Our executive team serves as dealers while the staff wagers fake money to win real prizes, including airline miles and gifts. Blackjack Night is an energetic and upbeat night to celebrate SVM’s staff.
- Tuition Reimbursement: SVM offers up to $10,000 approved annual for eligible tuition reimbursement per regular full-time employee ($50,000 lifetime maximum).
- Holiday Lunches: The holiday season can be very busy. Because of this, during the holiday season, SVM provides lunches catered by local establishments to their employees twice a week.
- PTO Donation Program: SVM understands that unforeseen circumstances in an employee’s personal life may arise, requiring the use of all PTO. Employees with extra vacation days have the option to donate to a fellow employee to avoid the employee incurring a financial hardship.
- Fuel Up: Fuel Up is a wellness program run through Interactive Health offered by SVM. The program allows you to improve your health and reap financial rewards at the same time. Employees can qualify for entry into monthly and a year end raffle.
- Profit Sharing: SVM may elect to make a discretionary profit sharing contribution, allocated to participants who were employed by SVM the entire plan year.
- On-Site Gym: A gym is available for use on personal time within your regular access hours to the facility. Showers and towels are also provided for your convenience. The on-site gym is at our Arlington Heights location only.
- SVM Shares: Through purposeful investments and employee engagement, our SVM SHARES program supports and spotlights charitable causes each month. SVM and its employees partner with many charitable programs that help support those in need worldwide. Last year, SVM SHARES charitable efforts impacted JOURNEYS, Life Builders Ministries International, Northwest Compass, Opportunity International, Toys for Tots, USA CARES and more.
- Employee Lounge: SVM wants to ensure that employees have the ability to relax on their breaks. Our Arlington Heights office provides an employee lounge with a large full kitchen, two flat screen TV's, a ping-pong table, a shuffle board and a library. The employee lounge gives everyone a chance to unwind and build team camaraderie.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $10,000 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 21 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 21 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $22,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $3,185 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked SVM, LP for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Here at SVM our culture is very important to us. Characteristics that we look for in prospective employees are detail oriented, a flexible mindset, high energy and an ability to learn quickly. Our atmosphere is similar to what you would find at a start up company. We have a fun environment but understand there are high expectations to be met.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Prospective employees should be well prepared for their interview, with high knowledge of SVM operations as well as the open position they are being considered for. To catch the attention of our managers, candidates should be able to answer situational questions in detail and explain ways they contributed to their previous employers.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
SVM is always open to hiring the right candidates. Two departments that continue to grow is our IT department and our Fulfillment team. The Fulfillment candidates will need attention to detail, organizational skills and be strong communicators, both over the phone and through email correspondence. The IT candidates will need to have strong technical skills that are required for each role.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates who are interested in learning more about SVM and our hiring needs can visit our website at www.svmcards.com and view our open jobs at https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/svmlp. We are constantly reviewing resumes, looking for candidates who would be a great fit to our team.
| 8 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -5% Job Growth|
| 107 Average applicants per opening|| 2,250 Total job applicants|
| 1% New hires by employee referrals|| 66% Openings filled by current employees|
| 5 Recent graduates hired|| 23% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 67% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|