What Employees Say
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is competent at running the business.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked SVA to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
SVA, a professional services company, provides a wide range of business and individual services including: business consulting, accounting, tax, technology strategies, wealth management, retirement and trust services. We identify opportunities to add value to traditional services, helping clients achieve desired results.
About this Company
| Website: www.sva.com|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: Madison, Wisconsin, 53717|| US Sites: 4|
| Major Locations: Brookfield, Wisconsin, 53045; Appleton, Wisconsin, 53914; Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57108|| US Employees: 303|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1974|
Perks and Programs
We asked SVA to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Flexible work schedules: SVA provides different work opportunities that allow employees the chance to have the work-life integration they need. Programs include flexible time off, early release on Fridays during the summer, telecommuting and non-traditional work schedules.
- Women in Leadership: SVA has an active Women in Leadership program that focuses on both our internal employees, and our female clients & business owners in the community. We look for ways to empower women in the workplace and provide unique and valuable opportunities for all employees to network, learn, mentor, and be mentored.
- New Hire Buddy Program: New hires at SVA are assigned a buddy to help them navigate through their first 30 days. The buddy is someone other than the direct manager who can help with the cultural integration into our company. This includes everything from how to use the copy machines to showing the new hire how to make more coffee when the pot is empty. A buddy might be a point-person for questions like where to find office supplies, or who to contact with a specific question. Having a buddy helps our new hires ramp-up more quickly and get to work!
- CPA Sabbaticals: Because tax season can be, well, taxing, our CPA employees are given the opportunity to take a few days off between January and April to truly disconnect, rest, and recharge. The time-off options vary from year to year based on work flow, but typically include four consecutive days off, including a Saturday and Sunday.
- Candy & Kudos: Developed by employees, our Candy & Kudos program allows our employees to recognize their fellow employees for great work, exceptional partnerships, commitment to SVA's values, or just because they're awesome! Each month, all of the nominees are announced and get a small treat, and 2 employees are chosen at random for a $15 gift certificate.
- CSA Pick-up Site: SVA supports employee well-being, and local businesses, by being a pick-up spot for a local community farm CSA program. Employees subscribe to weekly or bi-weekly boxes of organic, seasonal, fresh vegetables, and the produce is delivered directly to our Madison office for easy pick-up.
- Milwaukee Zoo Pass: SVA offers two passes, available for all employees, to the beautiful Milwaukee Zoo. Employees can check out the passes in either of our offices and get entry for up to 8 people, as well as free parking.
- Vendor partnerships: SVA has partnered with a variety of local vendors to provide perks and discounts for our employees, many of which offer time-saving benefits. These perks include gym discounts, mobile phone discounts, on-site dry cleaning drop-off and pick-up, on-site oil change and auto maintenance services, pet care services, sewing and alterations with drop-off and pick-up, and mailing and shipping services.
- Tuition Discounts: SVA has partnered with a local university to provide tuition discounts. Employees, their spouses, and children, receive a 20% discount on undergraduate courses, and a 10% discount on graduate courses.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 6% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 13 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|50 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Business Development Sales Manager Leads environmental impact team|| Yes Recycling program|
| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked SVA for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
As a professional services firm, SVA looks for people who will be able to demonstrate our core values - Serve. People. Better. We seek people who are willing to do what it takes, who are service-oriented, and who will go above and beyond when necessary. We look for people who bring outside perspectives and who have new or different skills that can help us elevate a certain area or service. We employ talented people and we believe that candidates who are genuine and able to communicate effectively will be successful at SVA.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Applying for positions online is the best way to reach us. In addition, our contact email is posted on our careers page (www.sva.com/sva-careers), so if a prospective employee doesn't see a specific job that's a fit, they can still contact us for more information. Because we do a lot of campus recruiting for internships and entry-level roles, students who visit our tables and sign up for on-campus interviews and/or attend our summer student program definitely get our attention!
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
SVA is hiring for wealth management consultants, skilled technology consultants, mid- to high-level accounting positions in audit and tax, and internship roles for accounting students.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.sva.com/sva-careers or email email@example.com
| 30 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 1% Job Growth|
| 12 Average applicants per opening|| 324 Total job applicants|
| 4% New hires by employee referrals|| 3 Recent graduates hired|
| 5% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 20% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|