What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked SummerHaven Investment Management, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are an investment company specializing in the design and management of liquid alternative portfolios. Our aim is to provide client solutions and products with attractive risk-adjusted returns. Our clients include endowments, foundations, hospital groups, pensions and individuals.
About this Company
| Website: www.summerhavenim.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, 06902|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 13|| Employees Worldwide: 12|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Private|| Founded: 2009|
Perks and Programs
We asked SummerHaven Investment Management, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Flexible Work Hours: Staff can come and go as they wish as long as they get their work done in a timely manner.
- Free Breakfast and Lunch: All breakfasts and lunches are free and paid for by the firm.
- Free Snacks and Drinks: Free snacks and drinks are available throughout the work day.
- Game Room: Game Room with onsite table tennis, shuffleboard, air hockey and video games are available for use throughout the day.
- Internet access: Internet access and wifi are available for use throughout the day.
- Laptops & Cellphone: All staff are provided with Apple iPhones and either MacBooks, MacBook Air or iPads of their choice for business and personal use.
- Annual Gifts: Firm provides holiday gifts each year to staff which have included: Hydro-flask water bottles, Patagonia chinchilla vests, portable generators, LED flashlights.
- Annual Bonus: All staff receive annual bonuses every year, and have since the founding of the firm.
- Free Gym membership: Access to gym membership within our building is provided to all staff.
- Birthday Party: Every team member's birthday is celebrated with a cake and festive song.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 30 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 30 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 30 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 4 weeks Paid sabbatical after 5 year(s) of employment|
| 30 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Free food, drinks, free breakfast/lunch, access to gym, shuffleboard, table tennis, video games, air hockey)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|40 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|40 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $55,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Co-Founding and Managing Partner oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 2 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked SummerHaven Investment Management, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates that share a passion and committment for excellence in everthing they do while maintaining the highest standards of ethics, honesty and teamwork.
Extensive experience in their role, evidence of success in their field and prior work, and education are important qualities for the ideal candidate.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates can apply for appropriate positions for which they are qualified. In their submission, they can highlight the skills they possess and how they can leverage their skills and attributes to make a positive contribution to the firm.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We expect to be recruiting for a member to our Investor Relations team and to the COO team.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Please visit our websites at www.summerhavenim.com and www.summerhavenindex.com which provide significant information about our firm.
| 1 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 100 Average applicants per opening|
| 100 Total job applicants|