What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked StreamSets Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
StreamSets provides an innovative data operations platform that reinvents how enterprises deliver timely and trustworthy data to their critical applications. StreamSets Data Collector™ is award-winning, open source software developing dataflows. StreamSets Dataflow Performance Manager (DPM™) provides a comprehensive control panel for managing the day-to-day operation of complex dataflow topologies.
About this Company
| Website: www.streamsets.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94105|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Sunnyvale, California, 94086|| US Employees: 36|
| Employees Worldwide: 37|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2014|
Perks and Programs
We asked StreamSets Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Above and Beyond: Monthly recognition and prize awarded to an employee for exemplary work performed outside of their normal job responsibilities. Must be nominated by peers.
- Monthly Happy Hour: The entire company gathers on a Thursday evening for drinks and food at a local bar/restaurant.
- Monthly Birthday Celebration: Each first Monday we gather to celebrate the birthdays of employees in that month with a local gourmet cake.
- Diwali and Holiday Celebrations: Each fall we celebrate Diwali including traditional dancing in the Fall and have an end of year holiday party as well.
- Running Group: Each week StreamSetters gather for fun runs together and participated as a group in the JP Morgan Corporate Challenge.
- Foosball Tournment: We have a company-wide tournament each year. No prizes, just bragging rights.
- Newhire Bingo: An icebreaking game where new employees have to talk to their new colleagues in order complete their bingo card. They win a new hoodie for completing it.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 100% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (100% use it)
- Telecommute option (80% use it)
- Onsite Amenities (Bright, airy and pet-friendly office.
A well stocked break room including food for breakfast, lunch and snacks.
Fully paid for restaurant-quality lunches twice a week using a local service called Eat Club.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||30 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||30 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||30 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Workplace Manager Leads environmental impact team|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 1 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked StreamSets Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
The most important characteristics are integrity, aptitude, initiative and a collaborative spirit. We have a culture that values excellent work but also due respect being given to colleagues and truth-telling to ensure we quickly deal with mistakes and problems.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Getting in front of a current employee and telling them your story is the easiest way to break through the clutter of all the resumes we receive. This also shows the level of initiative that we expect the candidates we hire.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
As we continue to grow we will continue to grow our engineering team but also staff up our sales, service and marketing functions.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.streamsets.com or our LinkedIn page.
| 30 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 200% Job Growth|
| 26 Average applicants per opening|| 700 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 12% Openings filled by current employees|