What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked Strategic Financial Solutions to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We help people burdened by debt by providing a personalized approach to regain control of their financial future. In almost a decade we have been able to resolve close to half a billion dollars in credit card debt for over 40,000 consumers.
About this Company
| Website: www.stratfs.com|| Industry: Financial Services & Insurance|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10017|| US Sites: 1|
| Major Locations: New York, New York, 10017|| US Employees: 385|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked Strategic Financial Solutions to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Being Caught Strategic: When a team member demonstrates one of the company's 6 Core Values, the team member receivies a branded "Caught Being Strategic" card. A card may be given by either a manager or a colleague. At the end of each quarter, each team member who has been awarded a card is entered into a large raffle. The raffle prizes include - but are not limited to - $1,000 shopping sprees, free concert tickets, an all-inclusive "Night in New York City" for 2 (including hotel room), 60 inch TVs, and more.
- Strategic Dreams: Strategic Financial Solutions helps some of its team members to realize their goals through this innovative program. Each quarter, we send out an anonymous survey that asks our team members to submit a "dream." The "Dream Counsel" reviews all submissions and chooses between one and three dreams. Recent dreams fulfilled include a fully paid trip for a team member and her family to St. Thomas, a full bedroom renovation, and an immersive Spanish course.
- Thank-God-Its-Monday Breakfast: Strategic Financial Solutions helps start the week right by offering a full hot breakfast for all employees on two Mondays a month. After all, Friday shouldn't be the only day to get all the glory.
- Annual Holiday Party: Each year, we host all of our team members at a hot spot in New York City and celebrate the holidays in style.
- Summer Bowling Outing: Each summer we do a full-company bowling outing at one of New York City's premier centers. To foster a community among our team members, we ensure that different departments are represented on each team. The outing includes prizes, food, and drinks.
- Holiday Decorating Contest: The Holiday Decorating Contest is a time for departments to build team spirit and have lots of fun by decorating their office space with festive holiday decorations. It wouldn't be a Strategic event without prizes and we hand out 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards, with 1st place receiving a $2,000 prize.
- Dress-Up day Contests: Throughout the year, we offer multiple Dress Up Day Contests with different themes. Past contests have included, Ugly Holiday Sweater, Halloween Costume, Superhero Day, St. Patrick's Day, and 80's Dress Up. Prizes are awarded for originality, likeness, and effort.
- Sales Vegas Trip: Every year we take 25 Sales Consultants on an all-expense paid trip to Las Vegas that includes 2 nights in a hotel, a DJ pool party, and dinner at one of Las Vegas' premier restaurants.
- Chuck-A-Buck: Every Friday throughout the year, each employee may put a dollar - or multiple dollars - into a bag for a chance to win all the money that is entered. On special occassions the company matches the employees' contributions and sometimes awards an extra $1,000 to the winning team member.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $110,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Financial Consultant|| $44,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Negotiator|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 5% of salary||10% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 10% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
| $1,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 12 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 11 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Compressed work weeks (2% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (We provide free breakfast twice a month, onsite happy hours, wellness Wednesday healthy snacks, massages chairs, onsite yoga classes, football tailgates, free lunches, internal game rooms, onsite shared library)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|90 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|85 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| $25,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $10,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- VP of HR is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups; Women; Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender employees
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Strategic Financial Solutions for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for highly motivated and engaged individuals who are looking for a fast paced environment with great potential for growth. We ensure that all new hires excude our 6 core values and we interview to ensure they will fit into our culture by using behavorial questions focusing on each value.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Apply online and make sure they take our assessment tests. These tests help us guide potential candidates towards the positon that their skillset is best suited for.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are aggressivley hiring for inside sales, client services and negotiaitons postions in the next year.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Interested candidates can go to our website, see our culture and apply there or apply to one of our indeed or glassdoor ads.
| 275 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 60% Job Growth|
| 117 Average applicants per opening|| 35,000 Total job applicants|
| 7% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 250 Recent graduates hired|| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|