What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked SRC, Inc. to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
At SRC, our mission is to help keep America and its Allies safe and strong. We are a not-for-profit research and development company that supports a broad range of federal government organizations in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence.
About this Company
| Website: www.srcinc.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: North Syracuse, New York|| US Sites: 11|
| Major Locations: Arlington, Virginia; Chantilly, Virginia; Charlottesville, Virginia; Dayton, Ohio; Rome, New York; San Antonio, Texas|| US Employees: 1,037|
| US Revenues: $216.7 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $216.7 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 1,057|| Corporate Structure: Non-Profit|
| Founded: 1957|
Perks and Programs
We asked SRC, Inc. to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Salary and Benefits: We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: an exceptional, low-cost health care plan; a minimum of three weeks of vacation (accrual begins on day one), nine paid holidays and 10 sick days per year.
- Flexible Schedules: We allow employees to tailor their schedule to fit their particular life/work balance needs. Whether it’s a permanent change to their start or end time, a reduced hour schedule, or simply flexing their time to attend a child’s game or concert, we believe that employees who have been given the time and tools necessary to manage their personal and work lives experience increased productivity and job satisfaction.
- Philanthropic Focus: At SRC, we are committed to taking an active role in the community and do so by supporting local non-profit organizations through volunteering and financial assistance. We focus our philanthropic efforts on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education; the military; and United Way. Last year alone, SRC donated to more than 100 non-profit organizations and our employees volunteered more than 10,000 hours of their time. We organize a variety of on- and off-site volunteer activities to make it easy for you to find something that fits your schedule and interests.
- Fun Events and Activities: We work hard and we play hard too. We plan holiday parties, backyard picnics, free flapjack days, ice cream truck visits, competitions and other events throughout the year to help you get to know your coworkers. We also encourage employees to participate in outside sporting events, clubs or lunch groups to foster relationships.
- Transparency and Two-Way Communication: We foster a culture of transparency and allow employees to ask questions or give feedback in a variety of ways. Through mid-year and annual presentations, you’ll be informed on the “state of the company” and have an opportunity to ask questions about our business. At round table meetings, you’ll get to meet with members of our executive team in a small group setting to discuss topics important to you. You’ll be able to make suggestions for improvements to the way we do things, provide feedback on initiatives or new ideas and your opinions will help shape the future of SRC.
- 100% Tuition Support: SRC's tuition support program covers 100% of tuition and fees for up to 18 credit hours per academic year at the undergraduate and graduate level. Our program is designed so schools bill SRC directly, there's no need to front costs and be reimbursed later.
- 10% Retirement Contribution: All employees are required to contribute at least 5 percent of their salary to their retirement account. In return, SRC contributes the equivalent of 10 percent of an employee's pre-tax salary to their retirement. Our retirement plan is managed by TIAA, a leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $50,432 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Electronics Technician|| $85,041 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Software Engineer|
| 200% 403(b) match of employee's contribution, up to 10% of an employee's salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $5,680 College Tuition Reimbursement|
- Health insurance for retirees
- Pre-tax savings account
- Long-term care insurance to employees
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Subsidized lunch on a regular, daily basis
- On-site package/mailing service
- Fitness classes
- Dry cleaning
- Personal travel service
- Take-home meals on a regular, daily basis
- Discount ticket sales
- Convenience store
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 29 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 26 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (60% use it)
- Compressed work weeks (5% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Phased retirement planning (1% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||5 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|40 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||5 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|5 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|5 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents||5 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Subsidized offsite gym memberships
- Blood pressure screening
- Fitness center (at some locations)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| $230,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Executive Vice President, Enterprise Services is accountable to formal diversity goals for employee recruitment and retention
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked SRC, Inc. for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Recruiters see a lot of resumes every day and highlighting key characteristics is very helpful for that “first glance” at a candidate’s profile. Relevant work experience, ability to be creative and innovative, and problem-solving skills are very important. SRC is a collaborative environment so being able to work well with others is profound. As recruiters there is a lot of pressure to find the right match - hiring managers want a candidate who is going to adapt and fit into the organizational culture.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Ramp up your resume: make your profile stand out and highlight your key technical skills, certifications and attributes
Take advantage of social media to network professionally - target companies you want to work for
Get personal and do your research on the company and people you are interviewing with - having that knowledge and personal connection is very important
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Machine learning, software computer and electrical engineers, electronic warfare engineers.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit careers.srcinc.com to view our open positions and apply.
| 115 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 45 Average applicants per opening|
| 11,652 Applications received|| 152 Positions filled in past year|
| 28% New hires by employee referrals|| 118 New positions created|
| 29 Jobs filled by current employees|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 18 New graduates hired|| 7% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 23% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|