What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Ellucian to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Ellucian provides software and technology management consulting for higher education institutions. The company serves more than 18 million students at 2,400 institutions in 40 countries with products and services that propel the mission of institutional and student success.
About this Company
| Website: www.ellucian.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Fairfax, Virginia|| US Sites: 15|
| Major Locations: Malvern, Pennsylvania; Rochester, New York; Salt Lake City, Utah; San Francisco, California; Frisco, Texas; Maitland, Florida|| US Employees: 2,954|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1986|
Perks and Programs
We asked Ellucian to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Charity Day Off: Ellucian offers 5 paid days off per year to each employee to serve in their community in an area they determine to be important to them.
- Remote Work/Flextime environment: Ellucian believes that an employee should be able to choose the work environment that is most beneficial for productivity – many employees choose to work from home or flex their schedule to accommodate schedules that enhance productivity. Ellucian fully supports a variety of schedules and facilitates through technology solutions provided at home at no cost to the employee
- Parental Leave: Birth mothers and adoptive parents receive 8 weeks of fully paid leave. Spouses/partners of birth mothers receive 4 weeks of fully paid leave
- Recognition Program: Ellucian offers a robust recognition program which provides broad recognition for individuals/teams that go beyond in making Ellucian successful. Awards are delivered in points which gives the recipient choices among valuable prizes and cash
- Lean-in Circles: Inclusive small groups of Ellucian employees who meet monthly, for a year, to explore professional topics and exchange personal experiences in an atmosphere of confidentiality and trust.
- Company Hang outs: Employees can participate in many planned events: office Olympics, professional sporting events, Take our Sons and Daughters To Work Day, family Halloween events, summer barbecues, team sports jersey days, chili cook-offs
- Dress Code: Ellucian offers a casual dress environment such that employees can choose to wear jeans and t-shirts and shorts during the summer – again, productivity is enhanced when our employees are comfortable in their environment
- I-Venture/Performance Management: Ellucian has done away with performance ratings and rankings and believes that all employees have unlimited potential. I-Venture is Ellucian's innovative new, research based, way of fueling employee performance and development. It adopts an agile forward-looking approach to performance through the use of regularly occurring conversations which focus on progress toward achieving short-term, iterative goals and continuous learning.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $34,903 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Technical Support Specialist|| $109,260 Average salary and additional cash compensation for sr. consultant|
| 50% 401(k) match of employee's contribution, up to 3% of an employee's salary||73% Company-paid health coverage for employees (applied consistently)|
| 65% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (applied consistently)|| 73% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 24 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|| $5,250 College Tuition Reimbursement|
PERKS TO MAKE LIFE EASIER
- Free beverages during the day
- Massage therapy
- Fitness classes
- On-site package/mailing service
- Discount ticket sales
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 13 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 10 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (45% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||40 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|81 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave|
|20 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||27 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$3,000 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
|20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Lactation room(s)
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Fertility treatments
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
ONSITE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Cholesterol tests
- Flu shots
- Blood pressure screening
- Fitness center (only at headquarters)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Formal programs support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
| 550 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 4% Job Growth|
| 22 Average applicants per opening|| 48,648 Applications received|
| 591 Positions filled in past year|| 5% New hires by employee referrals|
| 750 New positions created|| 109 Jobs filled by current employees|
| Yes Recruits on college campuses|| 15 New graduates hired|