What Employees Say
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
I feel I make a difference here.
Management recognizes honest mistakes as part of doing business.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked SoCore Energy to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
SoCore Energy is a market leader in cooperative, utility-scale, commercial and industrial solar portfolio development. Socore combines Fortune 500 stability with entrepreneurial creativity to develop, build and operate energy solutions that our customers genuinely want and need.
About this Company
| Website: www.socoreenergy.com|| Industry: Engineering|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60654|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois; Tempe, Arizona|| US Employees: 64|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked SoCore Energy to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Humble Hungry Hero: SoCore awards bi-weekly prizes in average value of $200 to employees who are noticed by their teammates for embodying the company motto ("Humble, Hungry, Smart"). Winners are announced Monday mornings during the all-company meeting, and followed with a hearty, unsolicited round of applause.
- Mad Props: SoCore awards $1,000 and $500 per month bonuses using a peer-voting system, and the prizes at year-end include a $10,000 Grand Prize with 4 runners-up receiving $3,000 each. The system is simple: award Mad Props to teammates for rocking a project or task, and the two people with the most Mad Props per month (and 4 at year end) win the bonus! Winners are announced with an email to the company outlining how they went above and beyond. Year-end winners are memorialized with their names on their own jersey on our Hall of Fame wall. Mad Props are unique to SoCore, and aside from the monetary awards, they encourage our teammates to congratulate each other on a job well done.
- Team Outings: SoCore organizes a wide variety of events for employees to engage in, including potlucks, running races, volunteer efforts, happy hours, March Madness party, and sports outings, where all expenses are covered.
- Year-End Awards: SoCore announces awards for various achievements annually at our company holiday party in front of family and friends. These include SoCore Award, Humble Hungry Smart Award, Business Development Team Member of the Year, Operations Team Member of the Year, and Finance, Legal, HR, and Administration Team Member of the Year.
- Zen Den (Relaxation Room: SoCore encourages team members to take a break from our high energy open concept office from time to time to visit the "Zen Den" for a little peace and quiet. Outfitted with comfy chairs, relaxed lighting, peaceful music and aromatherapy, the Zen Den offers our employees a chance to regroup and recharge before heading back to the daily grind. Just be sure to obey the "no talking" rule!
- Casual Work Environment: Employees are encouraged to come to work dressed comfortably and ready to rock. We understand that while each employee's idea of comfort is different, everyone on the team is able to maximize productivity because of it!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 75% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 28 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 21 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 28 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 21 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||5 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $2,500 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Carbon offset program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Human Resources & President is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked SoCore Energy for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates who are self-starters, intelligent, determined, and able to collaborate with other team members and departments within the company. Finding good people who are also capable of completing the technical requirements has helped SoCore build strong teams throughout the company.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We encourage anyone who is interested in a career at SoCore to follow us on LinkedIn and in the news, get active in groups/clubs that show their passion for solar or renewable energy, and apply to any job that matches his or her background and interests.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Candidates can find out more about SoCore by visiting our website and researching our recent projects and awards online.
| 3 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -16% Job Growth|
| 208 Average applicants per opening|| 2,500 Total job applicants|
| 28% New hires by employee referrals|| 8% Openings filled by current employees|
| 4 Recent graduates hired|| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|