What Employees Say
People avoid politicking and backstabbing as ways to get things done.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management is competent at running the business.
What They Do
We asked SmartBug Media to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
SmartBug Media is a growth marketing agency that uses inbound marketing, digital strategy, web development and PR to help customers increase leads, revenue, sales effectiveness and the strength of their brand. The company operates a 100% remote business model.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.smartbugmedia.com/|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Irvine, California, 92603|| US Employees: 27|
| US Revenues: $4.3 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $4.3 million|
| Employees Worldwide: 27|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked SmartBug Media to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- SmartBugapalooza: Each year, SmartBug Media brings the entire team, and their significant others, to a 5-star location for a day of leadership development and a lot of team bonding time. As a remote company, this gives us a chance to meet each other (sometimes for the first time), strengthen relationships and introduce our families to the “people on the video.” It’s an incredible culture-strengthening tool.
- Flex time: Team members set their own work schedules within a couple hours of normal work hours local time. This enables them to attend kids’ events, accommodate training and social activities and better fit their work into the time of day during which they work best.
- Flexible PTO: While we offer a PTO plan, we don’t count any time off that is four hours or less as PTO. This gives our team the ability to address personal appointments and enjoy last minute professional and social invitations without impacting the PTO.
- Incentive Bonus Program: At most agencies, only the agency owners benefit from the growth of their clients. SmartBug consultants participate in the growth of their accounts --which is largely through the benefit of their great work -- through an incentive bonus program tied to account growth.
- Tiered Training Program: SmartBug Media has a tiered training program that provides progressively higher training investments as employees complete basic training for their roles. This incentivizes proactive learning and employees who want to accelerate their growth within the organization.
- Work Anywhere: SmartBug Media stresses the fact that life is about memories and encourages the team to live the remote lifestyle to the fullest. We encourage employees to take their work with them and experience other countries. We’ve have people live and work from Portugal, Morocco, Mexico, Canada, and many RV-style arrangements throughout the U.S.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 17 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 17 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (80% use it)
- Telecommute option (100% use it)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $20,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked SmartBug Media for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for smart, accountable marketers that have have client-side experience and are comfortable with data. Candidates should be proactive learners and laser focused on rocking the customer experience. They should lead by example, be curious and able to learn new things without supervision. At the end of the day, our clients trust us to make recommendations to grow their business, so our ideal candidates immerse themselves in our clients businesses and make recommendations from a position of knowledge. They must have a strong understanding of their successes and failures and be able to discuss them in depth. Politics, undermining behavior and negativity have no place here.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Be transparent, honest about your strengths and weaknesses and demonstrate why you want to work here. Just wanting a remote position isn’t enough for us. You need to display great judgement, creative problem solving, strong marketing skills and a desire to win.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit out website at www.smartbugmedia.com