What Employees Say
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
What They Do
We asked SlideBelts to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
With a passion for quality and an itch for innovation, SlideBelts has been making ratchet belts without holes for nearly a decade, marrying function and fashion into one versatile accessory.
About this Company
| Website: www.slidebelts.com|| Industry: Retail|
| US Headquarters: El Dorado Hills, California, 95762|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 30|| US Revenues: $6.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked SlideBelts to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Unlimited Paid Vacation: SlideBelts provides unlimited paid vacation for all full-time employees, from the first day they begin working for the company. SlideBelts employees are encouraged to take time off with a minimum 2 week heads up to their team and immediate managers. Giving our employees a generous vacation policy ensures an excellent work/life balance and no work burnout.
- Employee Wellness Program: SlideBelts gives every employee a Garmin VivoSmart fitness tracker and regularly hosts company-wide steps challenges with prizes like wireless headphones on the line for the employee who achieves the most steps for the week. Additionally, the company subsidizes a gym membership at a nearby upscale fitness club for members of the leadership team.
- Bi-Monthly Company Lunches & Team Building Activities: Twice a month, SlideBelts provides lunch or a treat for the company - think catered lunch from local eateries, a shaved ice truck at the office, and a build-your-own Pinkberry yogurt bar. When we're not lunching as a company, we often do fun activities as a group. In the past, we've done volunteer days with local non-profits, a painting class at a nearby studio, and go kart racing at K1 Speed, to name a few.
- SlideBelts University: We have a robust library in our break room, filled with "core" books that are important reading for employees for both personal and professional growth, as well as "non-core" books that are enlightening, interesting, motivational, or just fun to read. For each employee who reads one of our core books and passes the quiz, they earn $150. For each non-core book read, each employee earns $50.
- Kudos Cards & Money Wheel Spins: We believe in recognizing employees for a great idea, a job well done, or going outside of their typical job expectations to go above and beyond. All employees can give kudos cards to a co-worker for any reason they deem to be deserving of recognition, but cards from the leadership team are worth double. Kudos cards are put into a box and every Friday, we draw 2 or 3 cards from the box. If your card is pulled from the box, you can spin the money wheel for a chance at cash (up to $220) or a hidden prize, like an iPad.
- Holidays & Birthday Celebrations: We observe all calendar holidays (12 total) and give each employee a day off for his/her birthday, including remote and part time employees. We believe strongly that a solid work/life balance is crucial to the individual success and growth of each employee, which impacts our overall success and growth as a company.
- 35 Hour Work Week: We give all full-time employees a paid, hour-long lunch, which means employees only work 35 hours a week, but get paid for working 40 hours a week. Additionally, we operate on a fairly strict 8am-4pm schedule and employees aren't expected to stay late or do work from home. This is in keeping with our goal of ensuring employees have a strong work/life balance.
- Company Matched 401K: As of Fall 2017, SlideBelts will be matching all 401(K) plans at 50% of the first 3% contributed. The retirement plan enhances SlideBelts benefit offering to compensate, retain, and attract employees. We are hoping to show SlideBelts' commitment to helping our employees own their retirement readiness.
- Employee Stock Program: As of Fall 2017, SlideBelts will be offering an employee stock option, which is set up to compensate, retain, and attract employees. The plan enhances SlideBelts benefit offering and the option is exercisable only to the extent to which the employee is vested in the shares underlying this option.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $32,130 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Product and Guest Service|| $88,326 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Executive Team|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||80% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (10% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (37% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Onsite perks include: a basketball hoop, a ping pong table, and a room with yoga mats and foam rollers for personal time, meditation, light yoga, stretching, etc.)
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $23,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $1,200 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked SlideBelts for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Show a genuine interest in the company and passion for whatever they put their work to. Exhibit a positive atittude and a willingness to make mistakes. Prove a thirst to grow both professionaly and personally.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We're focusing on growth hackers in all departments. A growth hacker is innovative and efficient - they excel in problem solving and assessing old processes to find better ways of doing things as we scale with our growth.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Start with our website - study it, learn everything you can about us, and then visit our jobs page to see our current openings.
| 8 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 58% Job Growth|
| 76 Average applicants per opening|| 2,045 Total job applicants|
| 27% New hires by employee referrals|| 26% Openings filled by current employees|
| 6 Recent graduates hired|| 9% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|