What Employees Say
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
What They Do
We asked Silicon Labs to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world. Powering everything from electric vehicles and smart meters to connected light bulbs and thermostats, our award-winning technologies are shaping the future of the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets.
About this Company
| Website: www.silabs.com|| Industry: Engineering|
| US Headquarters: Austin, Texas, 78701|| US Employees: 806|
| Employees Worldwide: 1,265|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Stock Symbol: SLAB|| Founded: 1996|
Perks and Programs
We asked Silicon Labs to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Paid Volunteer Time Off: Every employee receives 24 hours of paid time to volunteer at any 501c3 nonprofit or school.
- Corporate Match Program: US employees can receive up to a $2,000 match in donations to 501c3 organizations.
- Global wellness activities: From a global Summer Olympics event and companywide 5K for charity to lunch and learns and a global employee fitness challenge, we create monthly opportunities for our employees to get active and engage with eachother.
- Subsidized onsite fitness classes: We offer subsidized onsite boot camps, strength and conditioning classes and yoga every day of the week.
- 401K matching contribution: Silicon Labs matches up to $5,000 per year of employee contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: ESPP allows employees the opportunity to purchase shares of the company stock every six months at a discount from the offering price.
- Employee profit sharing: Employees are eligible for a target bonus a certain percentage of their base salary and the payout is based upon achievement of the Company’s performance targets.
- Tuition reimbursement: Enabling regular full-time employees to maintain and enhance their skills in their current jobs through financial assistance, the company may reimburse funds paid by the employee up to $5,250.00 per year for qualified educational expenses.
- Transportation benefits: Discounted bus passes, free bike parking, pre-tax transportation accounts.
- Backup Care Plan: This benefit provides low-cost care options when employees experience a temporary breakdown in the normal child or adult/elder care plans. Employees have access to a comprehensive network of high quality center-based child care and in-home back-up care programs for children and adult/elder relatives.
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 24 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $163,751 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Renewable energy program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Silicon Labs for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Our employees are innovative, collaborative people who are problem solvers first. When hiring, we look for people who align with our company values: We hire, foster and empower great talent; we create customer value and commercial success through innovation and simplicity; we meet our commitments and hold ourselves accountable; we do the right thing.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Demonstrate how your background and previous work experience align with our corporate values and company culture.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit us online at silabs.com and check out our pages on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.