What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is competent at running the business.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
What They Do
We asked ShopRunner to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
For customers, we’re an online, members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout and free returns. For merchants, we’re driving ecommerce business.
About this Company
| Website: www.shoprunner.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60654|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, 19428|| US Employees: 86|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked ShopRunner to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We provide assistance for employees looking to gain more formal education.
- Catered lunches 1-2 times/week: In both offices we have a healthy assortment of snacks at all times and catered lunch on every Thursday afternoon.
- Marketplace perks: Employees get discounts from merchants through the ShopRunner network.
- Employee-selected technology: Our technologists get to choose the equipment they like best based on their needs at the time of onboarding.
- WFH flexibility: employees can work from home once/week and more if needed with the preference being in-office collaboration while we also recognize the need for flexibility!
- Standing Desks: Each employee gets a desk that moves to be a standing desk if needed, automatically and on demand.
- Company Events: social events meant to help boost morale and encourage a good time.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $124,851 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Software Engineer|| 100% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 4% of salary|
|73% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| $500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $1,500 Maximum Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 20 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (80% use it)
- Telecommute option (50% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (40% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (free lunches on Thursdays and every other Tuesday, snacks (fresh and dry, both) every day. Beverages.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|80 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||80 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||40 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|40 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)||30 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|40 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)||40 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
Community and Environmental Impact
| $12,900 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked ShopRunner for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look to put our new values on our careers page shortly and that will ultimately indicate whether someone will be a great fit. We look for someone who can be agile, flexible and collaborative. Our business changes fast and so we need employees who are willing to problem solve and figure out how best to make magic as we build our product.
We look for subject matter expertise, an open mind with firm beliefs that are weakly held.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We love people who love retail. We are working in an industry that has been turned on its head and so a curiosity about how retail is changing is a true differentiator. We're looking for high performers who feel driven to answer questions that are, for now, unanswered. We love to see intellectual curiosity and resilliance.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We're looking to continue to build our technical team with engineers (with various areas of focus) and product folks who help us take our product to the next level. Engineers can be currently working in any sort of object-oriented programming language with a curiosity for how data and people intersect to find things they love.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
They can connect with us on LinkedIn, reach out directly to leadership and check out our careers page.
| 80 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 61 Average applicants per opening|
| 4,296 Total job applicants|| 20% New hires by employee referrals|
| 8 Recent graduates hired|