What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
This is a fun place to work.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.
What They Do
We asked Shift Digital to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Shift Digital is a cutting edge digital marketing and technology company, providing innovative business solutions including certified website, digital advertising, and social media reputation management programs for automotive retail channels.
About this Company
| Website: www.shiftdigital.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: Birmingham, Michigan, 48009|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Laguna Beach, California, 92651; Reston, Virginia, 20190|| US Employees: 390|
| Employees Worldwide: 18|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked Shift Digital to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Company Sponsored Gym Membership: Shift sponsors a gym membership for all HQ employees to join a local gym in Birmingham. The gym is steps from the office and offers daily classes for employees to access throughout the workday. We offer flexible scheduling that allows employees to determine when they would like to utilize the gym whether it is 11am or 3pm. The gym also offers a Shift exclusive class every Friday for Shift employees.
- Weekly Catered Lunches/Breakfasts: We work with a local caterer to bring in catered lunches 2-3 times per week for our HQ employees. For our Laguna Beach employees, we bring in food from a local restaurant.
- Summer Fridays: Employees in dealer support roles are able to take 6 Fridays off between Memorial Day and Labor Day in addition to their PTO. We plan it out ahead of time to ensure we have adequate coverage each Friday.
- Free Tickets to Sporting Events: Shift has season tickets to the Detroit Tigers, Michigan State Football and University of Michigan Football. Tickets are offered up to employees at no cost for every game in the season.
- Team Outings: Each team participates in team outings about once per quarter. These team outings range anywhere from trips to a bowling alley, pedal pubs, philanthropy opportunities, sporting events, happy hours, etc.
- Dog Friendly Workplace: Shift is a dog friendly workplace and encourages employees to bring their dogs in any day of the week. This is a positive way to reduce stress around the office.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|90% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 90% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 25 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 25 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
|66 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)|
|60 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Shift Digital for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We look for candidates who possess the following: Customer service/retail experience with a strong interest in marketing and/or automotive and a desire to grow within the company. They are problem solvers who also possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Candidates who show us their true selves are the ones that gain our attention. We are more interested in who our candidates are versus who they are trying to be. It's important that we see if they are going to be a good fit for the Shift culture. We also like candidates who differentiate themselves and who use a unique resume template or other creative ways to get noticed.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
In the coming year, we will be focused on two specific groups of employees: Dealer Support: these are entry-level opportunities for candidates looking to gain experience in the digital marketing and automotive fields. This is the best way to get your foot in the door at Shift. Field Trainers: we look for candidates with 8+ years of automotive retail digital marketing experience. These positions are located nationwide.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Take a look at our job openings at shiftdigital.com/join-us and follow us on social media to see what we are up to. Submit an application and we'll take a look!
| 13% Job Growth|| 30 Average applicants per opening|
| 6,072 Total job applicants|| 52% New hires by employee referrals|
| 31% Openings filled by current employees|| 24 Recent graduates hired|
| 19% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|