What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
People look forward to coming to work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
This is a fun place to work.
What They Do
We asked ShareThis, Inc to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
ShareThis, the Sharing Intelligence Company, has been collecting and synthesizing social share data since 2007. As the pioneer in sharing data, ShareThis is the only independent open network that delivers insights across all social platforms and beyond the walled gardens.
About this Company
| Website: sharethis.com|| Industry: Advertising & Marketing|
| US Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, 94304|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: New York, New York, 10003; Chicago, Illinois, 60654|| US Employees: 61|
| US Revenues: $35 million|| Employees Worldwide: 1|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked ShareThis, Inc to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- MVP: MVP awards are given out quarterly to those who really go above and beyond.
- Gym Reimbursement: To encourage employees to stay healthy, we provide a monthly gym reimbursement for employees.
- ShareThis Care Program: We volunteer quarterly as a team to give back to the community and also spend time together outside of work.
- Quarterly Team Building: Each quarter we hold an offsite where we do a team building activity and also get food and drinks together afterwards, for team bonding and engagement.
- Manager's Coffee Meetings: Managers are given a budget to take employees for coffee and meet somewhere other than just in a conference room
- Poker/Game Night: We hold game nights and poker nights throughout the year
- Daily Exercise Break: Managers are encouraged to have their 1:1 meetings with team members on a walk, and we have groups of people who take walks together, do pullups and pushups, etc.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $157,500 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Account Executive||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 60)|
| 70% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 60)|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 15 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (50% use it)
- Telecommute option (5% use it)
- Subsided On- or Off-site Fitness (95% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (lunch, breakfast, snacks, drinks, pull up bar, elliptical)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|120 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||70 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|120 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||14 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|14 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||14 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|14 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||14 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $500 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Talent Acquisition is responsible for the success of formal recruiting and retention diversity goals
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women
- 2 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked ShareThis, Inc for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
a passion to learn and strong motivation
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
go above and beyond what’s required for the role (i.e. attending meetups, side projects, etc)
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
engineering and product
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
reach out and do research on what ShareThis does
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| -2% Job Growth|
| 350 Average applicants per opening|| 7,000 Total job applicants|
| 35% New hires by employee referrals|| 3 Recent graduates hired|
| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 100% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|