What Employees Say
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
This is a physically safe place to work.
We have special and unique benefits here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We deliver innovative design, program management, and construction services to companies with multiple sites. Customers include iconic global brands like McDonald’s, Walgreens, BP, 7-Eleven, Starbucks, Kroger and the US Government. Our core values are Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Charity.
About this Company
| Website: www.sevansolutions.com|| Industry: Construction|
| US Headquarters: Downers Grove, Illinois, 60515|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois; New York / New Jersey, New Jersey; Jacksonville, Florida; Jacksonville, Florida; Los Angeles, California; Dallas, Texas; Cleveland, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Nashville, Tennessee|| US Employees: 327|
| US Revenues: $54.7 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $54.7 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2011|
Perks and Programs
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Flexible (Unlimited) Time Off: Sevan has a Flexible Time Off policy designated to create a flexible workplace for better work-life balance, encourage employee productivity and creativity and reduce employee burnout and administrative tasks associated with tracking time off. This new policy eliminates a fixed number of paid time off days and instead gives employees, subject to advance approval, the freedom to decide when and for how long to take time off.
- Educational Assistance and Expense Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year for approved college courses taken as part of a degree program at an accredited institution, and up to a maximum of $500 per calendar year can be applied to approved continuing education expenses (including courses taken at an accredited trade or vocational school, business school or through a professional association).
- Free Term Life Insurance: Sevan offers each team member a “no cost” employer paid Group Term Life Insurance program that provides 3 x Annual Salary in coverage plus $50,000 – for a total coverage of up to $400,000 maximum.
- Mentor Program: The mentor program was formed to allow more seasoned employees to mentor new members of the Sevan team. This mentorship allows new employees to learn and grow from the advice and knowledge of an employee who has been with us for a longer time period. This also allows new employees to have a contact when questions arise during the first few months of their career with Sevan.
- Leadership Class: Taught and facilitated by senior level management, based on, The 8th Habit, by Stephen R. Covey. A 12-month session where a small group of our “up & coming” Project Managers meet and discuss topics covering the Modeling, Pathfinding, Aligning and Empowering aspects of leading. Individuals are assigned materials to teach each 60-minute session. For the final class, each individual describes their “Leadership Voice” and how they are helping others to find their voice, as well.
- Charity Day Off: Each year employees are given 1 day off to volunteer for a Charity of their choice. This time is paid for by Sevan, and allows employees to take the time to give back to their communities and charities. After completing the charity, photos and comments are gathered to upload onto our company employee portal to share with the organization.
- Army 10 Miler: For the fourth year in a row, Sevan will be participating in the Fisher House Foundation Army Ten-Miler in Washington, D.C. Those interested in becoming a part of the Sevan running/walking Team are entered into a company raffle. This raffle will choose 7 runners who will receive an all-inclusive trip to participate in the event (including complimentary airfare and transportation services along with overnight lodging and meals) as part of the Sevan Team. We do ask participants to cover their registration and fundraising costs to enter the race. These funds will go directly towards the Fisher House Foundation military initiative. Each participant raises $500 or more for the Fisher House Foundation, making Sevan one of their top fundraisers in the Army 10-Miler race.
- Employee Assistance Program: Care24 services provide confidential support, counseling, customized resources, referrals, health education and disease prevention. Employees have unlimited telephone and online support as well as up to three (3) face-to-face counseling sessions (per individual, per issue, per year) with an affiliate counselor.
- Insperity Marketplace: MarketPlace (provided by Insperity) is an online community of product and service providers that offers online and local deals on a variety of everyday personal and business purchases. Through Insperity, Sevan employees have access to discounts on numerous products and services including travel, cell phones, computers, and other consumer items.
- Company "SWAG: Throughout the year, every Sevan Team Member receives and has access to S.W.A.G. (Sevan Wearables And Gear). Employees can choose from clothing and other items embroidered with the Sevan company logo. A complete, comprehensive Sevan online company store with dozens of items is available and provides an opportunity for us to recognize team members by providing additional "SWAG credit" to use at the store through the year.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (75% use it)
- Telecommute option (85% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (15% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (At our corporate headquarters in the Chicago area you'll find Concierge Services, unlimited fruit and snacks, complimentary beverages - including our kegerator in the break room, Ping-Pong, on-site fitness classes, gym and cafeteria.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||$1,500 Adoption benefit|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $276,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| Jay Richie, Project Executive & Director, Sustainability Leads environmental impact team|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| 1 LEED certified building(s)|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Carbon offset program|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
An appreciation for and past application of our company core values tells us a lot. We believe our values tell a story of balanced success. We look for people who can be trusted and show great initiative. Most of our employees came as highly recommended referrals from current staff. Staff are careful to only recommend those they know will be a great fit. With a widely distributed workforce, many staff work remotely yet collaboratively, and so we look for people who have that ability. They should demonstrate respect towards others with different backgrounds, personalities, and experiences. This respect fosters effective group effort and teamwork. Diversely skilled teams are most creative in delivering excellence for our clients. Excellent work leads to excellent rewards, allowing for giving back through by supporting charity. If prospective employees understand these values, they will likely be a great fit at Sevan.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
A prospective employee gets our attention by first having some kind of relationship within our company. It may be with one of our clients, contractors, or employees, but it is beneficial to have a connection. Most of our staff have come to us though personal referrals and we value those because people take seriously those they refer for employment. Secondly, we like people who do their homework. If they take the time to go to our website and have a good understanding of our people and the work we do, it says a lot. They get noticed when they ask intelligent questions about our business. Finally, individuals who have professional certifications through AIA (American Institute of Architects) and PMI (Project Management Institute) get our attention.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our design business has grown substantially as well as our asset assessment survey business. We are looking for those with CAD skills (AutoCAD or Revit). We are looking for good construction project/program managers as well—that is our core competency as a company. These types of candidates need to be able to manage those key processes of a project or program having to do with time, cost, quality, safety, communications, and customer satisfaction. We are also continuing our hiring of new college graduates and those early in their careers who are seeking variety and challenge in the roles of project coordinators and assistant project managers. Expertise in planning and entitlements and working on permitting with municipalities across multiple geographies is always welcome. Finally, we’re looking for developers and analysts to help us continue to differentiate ourselves as we innovate new technology solutions for our clients and our industry.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.sevansolutions.com/careers and our LinkedIn Careers page.
| 180 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 83% Job Growth|
| 73% New hires by employee referrals|| 10 Recent graduates hired|
| 9% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 16% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|