What Employees Say
People care about each other here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
There is a "family" or "team" feeling here.
I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a multi-site program management company providing design and construction services to clients looking to develop or revitalize their sites in several markets/industries, including restaurants, fueling and convenience stores, retail, grocery, banking, government, also healthcare, housing & hospitality industries.
About this Company
| Website: www.sevansolutions.com|| Industry: Construction & Real Estate|
| US Headquarters: Downers Grove, Illinois|| US Sites: 3|
| Major Locations: Chicago, Illinois; Nashville, Tennessee; Denver, Colorado; Jacksonville, Florida; Detroit, Michigan; Los Angeles, California; New York, New York|| US Employees: 96|
| US Revenues: $14.2 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $14.2 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2011|
Perks and Programs
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Insperity Marketplace: MarketPlace (provided by Insperity) is an online community of product and service providers that offers online and local deals on a variety of everyday personal and business purchases. Through Insperity, Sevan employees have access to discounts on numerous products and services including travel, cell phones, computers, and other consumer items.
- Educational Assistance and Expense Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,500 per calendar year for approved college courses taken as part of a degree program at an accredited institution, and up to a maximum of $500 per calendar year can be applied to approved continuing education expenses (including courses taken at an accredited trade or vocational school, business school or through a professional association).
- AAA Membership: Sevan provides AAA auto club Memberships and reimburses employees up to $75 annually - which provides travel discounts, lock-out, gasoline, break down and towing services.
- Flexible (Unlimited) Time Off: Beginning in January 2016, Sevan introduced a Flexible Time Off policy designated to create a flexible workplace for better work-life balance, encourage employee productivity and creativity and reduce employee burnout and administrative tasks associated with tracking time off. This new policy eliminates a fixed number of paid time off days and instead gives employees, subject to advance approval, the freedom to decide when and for how long to take time off.
- Army 10 Miler: For the third year in a row, we will be raising funds for charity by participating in the Fisher House Foundation Army Ten-Miler in Washington, D.C. Those interested in becoming a part of the Sevan running/walking Team are entered into a company raffle. This raffle will choose 7 runners who will receive an all-inclusive trip to participate in the event (including complimentary airfare and transportation services along with overnight lodging and meals) as part of the Sevan Team. We do ask participants to cover their registration and fundraising costs to enter the race. These funds will go directly towards the Fisher House Foundation military initiative.
- Charity Day Off: On an annual basis, each person working for Sevan accrues 8 hours of Authorized Paid Time Off to use to volunteer and participate in community service and support the charity of their choice. Employees provide a short write-up of the charitable, volunteer activity they participated in and photos of the project and we share them with the team.
- Employee Assistance Program: Care24 services provide confidential support, counseling, customized resources, referrals, health education and disease prevention. Employees have unlimited telephone and online support as well as up to three (3) face-to-face counseling sessions (per individual, per issue, per year) with an affiliate counselor.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 3 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Telecommute option (77% use it)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave||30 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|$1,500 Adoption benefit||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Medical care
- Vision care
- Mental health care
- Dental care
- Prescription drug subsidy
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community Involvement & Philanthropy
| 8 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- Married employees in same-sex or heterosexual relationships receive the same benefits
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Sevan Multi-Site Solutions, LLC for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
An appreciation for and past application of our company core values tells us a lot. We believe our values actually tell a story of balanced success. We look for people who can be trusted and show great initiative. Most of our employees came as highly recommended referrals from current staff. Staff are careful to only recommend those that they know will be a great fit. With a widely distributed workforce many staff work remotely yet collaboratively so we look for people who have that ability. They should demonstrate respect towards others with different backgrounds, personalities and experiences. This respect fosters effective group effort and resulting Teamwork. Diversely skilled teams are most creative in delivering excellence for our clients. Excellent work leads to excellent rewards allowing for giving back through the support of Charity. If prospective employees understand these values, they will likely be a “great fit” at Sevan.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
A prospective employee gets our attention by first, having some kind of relationship within our company. It may be with one of our clients, contractors or employees, but it is beneficial to have a connection. Most of our staff have come to us though personal referrals and we value those because people take seriously those they refer for employment. Secondly, we like people who do their homework. If they take the time to go to our website and have a good understanding of our people and the work we do it says a lot. They get noticed when they ask intelligent questions about our business.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Our design business has grown substantially as well as our asset assessment survey business. We are always looking for those with CAD skills (AutoCAD or Revit). We are always looking for good construction project/program managers as well – that is our core competency as a company. These types of candidates need to be able to manage those key processes of a project or program having to do with Time, Cost, Quality, Safety, Communications and Customer Satisfaction. We are also continuing our hiring of new college graduates and those early in their careers who are seeking variety and challenge in the roles of project coordinators and assistant project managers. Finally, staff that have particular expertise in planning and entitlements and working on permitting with municipalities across multiple geographies are always valuable.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our website at www.sevansolutions.com and our LinkedIn Careers page.
| 25 Job openings forecast for coming year|| 33% Job Growth|
| 42 Positions filled in past year|| 58% New hires by employee referrals|
| 40 New positions created|| Yes Recruits on college campuses|
| 2 New graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|