What Employees Say
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
I feel I make a difference here.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
People here are given a lot of responsibility.
What They Do
We asked Senior Lifestyle Corporation to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are an experienced, privately-held owner, operator and developer of senior housing communities. We offer a variety of living options for seniors across the entire economic spectrum and serve all levels of care.
About this Company
| Website: www.seniorlifestyle.com|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, 60601|| US Sites: 182|
| US Employees: 9,489|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1985|
Perks and Programs
We asked Senior Lifestyle Corporation to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- HEART: Our core values are summed up by HEART; hospitality, excellence, appreciation, respect and teamwork. We weave these values throughout all of our employee programs.
- HEART of Caring: This national award celebrates team members across the country – from housekeepers to maintenance directors – for their commitment to our core values. Each of our 180+ communities is invited to submit a nominee for this national recognition; from this pool, we select our national winners and celebrate them across the company by sharing their story and giving them an award for all they do to serve our residents and families.
- Employee Assistance Fund: During the aftermath of the 2017 hurricanes, Senior Lifestyle created an Employee Assistance Fund to support our team members who suffered damage to their homes, cars, and other possessions during these storms. Story after story came in of brave, dedicated team members who put the safety and health of our seniors before themselves, and we saw this as an opportunity to thank them for all they do. Our communities across the country donated to this fund, along with several of our investor partnerships. Through this program we were able to help over 50 affected employees.
- The Longest Day: Senior Lifestyle was the first global partner in the seniors housing industry to partner with the Alzheimer’s Association in their efforts to raise support and awareness on The Longest Day. Every year on June 21st, we spend the longest day of the year in a company-wide fundraiser to support finding a cure for Alzheimer’s and other dementias. As a memory care provider, this cause is near and dear to our hearts, and we work to provide support to all affected by this tragic disease. We raise funds at all 180+ of our locations through many different outlets, including dunk tanks, carnivals, walks, bowling tournaments, paint shows, community events, team member competitions, and much more.
- Corporate Office Culture: As a company with community locations and a corporate support structure, we work to provide our home office with additional cultural events to create an environment they love coming to. Events include inviting office to dress up for Halloween and having our executive team dress up in different costumes each year to greet our team members as they come in that morning. Hosting an annual cookie baking contest, judged by volunteers from all different departments. This contest is so popular that we have had vendor partners mail in cookie recipes to participate! Bringing our mission to life by inviting a real-life ‘Dancing Couple’ to join our office for brunch. Our dining team set up a full brunch buffet, just as they would at one of our communities, and two senior couples who live at our communities joined us to celebrate the culture and tradition of our residents.
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Each year we ‘Paint the Office Pink’ at our Chicago home support office, inviting each department to compete for the best decorations as we raise money to support Breast Cancer.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $1,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 15 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
How to Get Hired
We asked Senior Lifestyle Corporation for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Hospitality nature - easily smiles at people and demonstrates warmth An understanding of how each individual impacts our results and the experiences of our residents. A demonstrated willingness to go above and beyond to achieve the desired results.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit our webiste at www.seniorlifestyle.com.
Follow Senior Lifestyle Corporation