What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
What They Do
We asked Activated Insights - Seabrook Retirement Community (Seabrook) to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Seabrook is a continuing care retirement community that provides independent, assisted and skilled nursing living residences, services and medical care.
About this Company
| Website: www.ericksonliving.com/seabrook|| Industry: Aging Services|
| US Headquarters: Baltimore, Maryland, 21228|| US Sites: 19|
| Major Locations: Tinton Falls, New Jersey, 07712|| US Employees: 540|
| Corporate Structure: Partnership; Non-Profit|| Founded: 1998|
Perks and Programs
We asked Activated Insights - Seabrook Retirement Community (Seabrook) to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- First Time employment opportunities: Seabrook offers first time jobs to more than 125 students each year
- Health and Wellness Center: All employees receive free medical services or at a nominal fee of $20. Services include, wellness/sick exams, prescription renewals, blood work, flu shots, sick visits, and sometime just a band aid.
- Staff Appreciation Fund: All staff employees receive a staff appreciation check or gift card at the end of the year. Over 750 payments ranging from $25 - $467 were given in 2017.
- Team Member Loan Program: All FT/PT employees are eligible for a personal loan of up to $1000 for emergency situations.
- Team Member Vacation buyback: All FT/PT employees may buy back up to 80 hours of vacation annually.
- Monthly Town Hall meetings: Each month the community hosts Employee Town meetings to communicate important information and celebrate significant achievements. 9 sessions are held throughout the day and night with a full course breakfast/lunch/dinner or Pizza Party. There are prizes given away each month (e.g. beach cruiser bicycles, $200 Uber gift cards, Fire sticks, Fit Bits etc.)
- Annual Summer Picnic: All employees are invited to celebrate summer at the community's summer picnic. Lunch is served for up to 600 employees, and there are fun games, several prizes and lots of giveaways.
- Annual Winter Party: All employees celebrate winter with a loved one at the community's winter party. The event is held offsite and includes a full dinner with open bar for up to 600 people with dancing and a DJ. There are picture booths and other fun activities to create new memories.
- Annual Holiday and Summer Gift: Each year every employee receives a gift to celebrate Summer and the Holidays. In 2017, 800 employees received a Seabrook monogrammed beach mat, and for the Holidays they received a Seabrook monogrammed duffle bag.
- Wacky Raft Races: The Community hosts a Wacky Raft Race every other year. 10-15 Teams comprised of employees make a parade float from an inflatable raft and take part in a raft race in the communities swimming pool. The raft floats are paraded around the community and the community residents vote on the best rafts in a number of categories. This is sooo much fun for everyone!
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $62,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Nurse|| $72,000 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Manager Dining Services|
| 3% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 50% of salary||78% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Single)|
| 50% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for Family)|| 78% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 20 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 9 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 12 days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 7 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|| 7 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Compressed work weeks (3% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Medical facilities (at all locations)
- Onsite Amenities (Food, fitness, healthcare, gym, pool, free parking, therapy)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||$3,000 Adoption benefit|
|90 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $534,584 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $2,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Natalie Battifora Leads environmental impact team|
| Third-Party Conducted Environmental impact audit|| Yes Renewable energy program|
| Yes Recycling program|| Yes Locally-sourced food program|
- Community Resources Manager oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 10 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Activated Insights - Seabrook Retirement Community (Seabrook) for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
RESPECT AND CARING – Demonstrates an appreciation of others
DIVERSITY - Demonstrates acceptance of individual differences:
FRIENDLINESS AND ENTHUSIASM - Demonstrates a commitment to the company, the residents we serve and each other
INTEGRITY – Models ethical behavior
RESPONSIBILITY - Demonstrates an understanding of how individual performance impacts the broader organization
EXCELLENCE – Demonstrates a commitment to ensuring the organization functions at the highest level of quality and customer value
TEAMWORK - Works with others to achieve common goals
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Provide examples of community relations and volunteer acitvities
Provide references from former employers
Shows us resident or postive guest letter acknoldeg thier service and commitment
Share fun things that they do or have done on the job
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
Home Support Aides and Certified Medicine Aides
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit the Erickson Lliving website at https://www.ericksonliving.com/
Visit the Erickson Lving/Searook Careers website at https://jobs.ericksonliving.com/
| 100 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 4% Job Growth|
| 19 Average applicants per opening|| 1,978 Total job applicants|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 6% Openings filled by current employees|
| 22 Recent graduates hired|| 8% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 21% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|