What Employees Say
I can be myself around here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
My work has special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
What They Do
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are the premier provider of dermatology services in the New York City area. We currently own and operate over 20 dermatology offices throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Westchester County, Rockland County, and New Jersey.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.schweigerderm.com/|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10019|| US Sites: 24|
| Major Locations: New York, New York, 10022; Smithtown, New York, 11787; Great Neck, New York, 11023; New Rochelle, New York, 10801|| US Employees: 337|
| US Revenues: $54 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $54 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Star of the Quarter: Schweiger Dermatology Group has a peer-to-peer nomination programs where staff can acknowledge each other for good work. Winners receive a certificate, $150 award and dinner as a group with our CEO and members of the management team.
- Employee Discounts: Schweiger Dermatology Group employees and their friends an families are eligible for discounts on products and services.
- Company Events: Schweiger Dermatology Group hosts an employee picnic and holiday party annually for staff
- Training and Education: Schweiger Dermatology Group offers internal and external training opportunities for staff, including national certifications.
- Employee Referral Program: Schweiger Dermatology Group has an employee referral program where staff can be awarded up to $1,000 for referrals.
- Employee Shout Outs: Schweiger Dermatology Group has "Shout Out" peer-to-peer recognition program. Employees can send an email recognizing good work or good deeds of staff to Shout Outs. Management reviews all and sends best 1-3 (depending on submissions)Company wide "Shout Out" emails recognizing those team members.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|55% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for Full Time)|| 55% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 22 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid time off after one year of part-time employment|
| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|| 6 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
| 5 days Paid time off as of first day of part-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||60 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||60 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $150,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Candidates who have focus on customer service, teamwork, strong interpersonal communication skills, innovation/creative problem solving skills and are able to adapt to a growing company are key. For more senior (Mgmt) roles the ability to repond quickly and/or proactively to challenges of a growing organization and who value mentoring and coaching staff are important as well.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Become famiiar with the Company, review our website and our social media posts, share with us how they have demonstrated those key traits in question 8.1 in current or previous experience.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are expecting to grow so we will be hiring for medial assistants, support staff, practice managers, physicians and physician assistants in the next twleve months.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
View website for additional information and submit resume through Schweiger Dermatology Group website, job boards or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| 50 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 48% Job Growth|
| 227 Average applicants per opening|| 17,000 Total job applicants|
| 23% New hires by employee referrals|| 6% Openings filled by current employees|
| 10 Recent graduates hired|| 17% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|
| 29% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|