What Employees Say
When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People care about each other here.
What They Do
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are the premier provider of dermatology services in the New York and New Jersey areas. We currently own and operate over 40 dermatology offices throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island, Westchester County, Rockland County, and New Jersey. Schweiger Dermatology Group is the fastest-growing dermatology group practice in the nation.
About this Company
| Website: https://www.schweigerderm.com/|| Industry: Health Care|
| US Headquarters: Long Island City, New York, 11101|| US Sites: 41|
| Major Locations: Midtown, New York, 10022; Broadway, New York, 10019; Amityville, New York, 11701; Murray Hill, New York, 10016; Freehold, New Jersey, 07728; Flatiron, New York, 10011; Great Neck, New York, 11021; Hoboken, New Jersey, 07030; Midwood, New York, 11230; Smithtown, New York, 11787|| US Employees: 518|
| US Revenues: $63.5 million|| Worldwide Revenues: $63.5 million|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2010|
Perks and Programs
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Dream On: The Dream On program is designed to give back to our hard working employees who “Dream” of an experience or thing they may need, but don't have the means to attain on their own. Once an employee submits their Dream, the Dream On committee reviews and awards Dreams on a sporadic basis. Dreams are never denied, they simply remain on file and employees can swap out their dream if circumstances change and they have a stronger need for a different Dream. To date, we have over 200 Dreams on file and have granted over 12 Dreams. A few to note is we've helped 3 employees avoid homelessness by paying for their deposit, first and last month's rent to get into their own apartments, we sent an employee to her home country to see her dying grandmother and recently sent an employee and her daughter on their first vacation to Disney.
- Schweiger Star of the Quarter: Schweiger Dermatology Group has a peer-to-peer nomination programs where staff can acknowledge each other for good work. Winners receive a personalized bobblehead, certificate, $250 award and attends an annual dinner as a group with our CEO and members of the management team.
- Company Events: Schweiger Dermatology Group hosts an annual Year-End celebration party for all of our team members and provides transportation to and from for those employees who live a long distance away from Manhattan. Schweiger Dermatology Group also hosts a yearly "SDG Summit" where we close down all of our offices and transport staff to come together and review company goals, mission and core values. This is also an opportunity where SDG recognizes our rockstars through an awards ceremony.
- Employee Discounts: Schweiger Dermatology Group employees and their friends and families are eligible for discounts on products and cosmetic services.
- Employee Referral Program: Schweiger Dermatology Group has an employee referral program where staff can be awarded up to $1,000 for referrals.
- Daily Shout Outs: For our hard working team members that go above and beyond, we celebrate by sending out daily shout-out emails, applauding their great work.
- Training and Development: Schweiger Dermatology Group offers internal and external training opportunities for staff, including national certifications.
- Tony Robbins Sponsorship: Through an application process, SDG sends 12 individuals to attend the powerful 4 day seminar. Team members can apply to attend this all expenses-paid seminar that supports their personal and professional growth.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $2500 Maximum match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution||60% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 60% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 12 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 5 days Paid sick days after one year of part-time employment|
| 2 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||45 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $15,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| $5,000 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Schweiger Dermatology Group for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Candidates who have focus on exceptional customer service, teamwork, strong interpersonal communication skills, innovation/creative problem solving skills and are able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and open to change are key. For more senior (management) roles the ability to respond quickly and proactively to challenges of a growing organization and who value mentoring and coaching staff are important as well.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Become familiar with the Company, review our website and our social media posts, share with us how they have demonstrated those key characteristics listed above in current or previous experience. Candidates who have a sense of urgency and high level of professionalism during interview process are skills that can impress hiring managers.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are expecting to continue to grow quickly and will be looking to hire certified medial assistants, front desk receptionists, call center representatives, practice managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and dermatologists in the next twelve months.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
View website for additional information and submit resume through Schweiger Dermatology Group website, job boards or reach out to us at email@example.com.
| 170 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 63% Job Growth|
| 8,000 Total job applicants|| 25% New hires by employee referrals|
| 10% Openings filled by current employees|| 10 Recent graduates hired|
| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|| 17% Voluntary turnover for part-time employees|