What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Management trusts people to do a good job without watching over their shoulders.
Management is approachable, easy to talk with.
What They Do
We asked Sauce Labs to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Sauce Labs provides a cloud-based platform for the continuous testing of web and mobile applications. Optimized for modern software delivery pipelines, Sauce eliminates the need to maintain an in-house testing infrastructure, freeing teams to innovate and release better software, faster.
About this Company
| Website: https://saucelabs.com|| Industry: Information Technology|
| US Headquarters: San Francisco, California, 94105|| US Sites: 2|
| Major Locations: Austin, Texas|| US Employees: 152|
| Employees Worldwide: 219|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 2008|
Perks and Programs
We asked Sauce Labs to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Full Benefits: 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for all employees.
- 401K Match: We match employee 401K contributions up to 25% every year. We believe in investing in their futures and life outside of Sauce Labs.
- Commuter Benefits: We reimburse up to $125 for commuter expenses every month - transit passes for BART, Muni, CalTrain and the like. Given the bike-friendly nature of San Francisco and Austin, we also will reimburse up to $125 per month for bicycle repair and maintenance.
- Catered Lunch: We offer catered lunches 3 times a week, and a big communal meeting area for Saucers to sit down and nosh together.
- Learning and Development: Every employee receives $1,500/year to further their career learning and development. This allowance can be applied to a relevant conference or educational class within their field.
- Dog Friendly Offices: We love pups of all sizes and welcome them in the workplace. In 2018, we produced our first Sauce Dogs calendar, but because Diversity and Inclusion are so important to Saucers, our 2019 calendar will feature pets of all types (Saucers voted on their favorites).
- Gym Reimbursement: We've negotiated a corporate deal with 24 Hour Fitness and reimburse employees up to $50/month for gym expenses, whether it's 24 Hour Fitness or their own gym. A healthy mind requires a healthy body.
- Yoga Classes: In addition to gym reimbursement, we bring in a yoga instructor every Tuesday for yoga class.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
|100% Company-paid health coverage for employees|| 80% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 28 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| Set days Paid sick days after one year of full-time employment|
| 28 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Catered lunch 3 times a week
Yoga and pilates classes)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|65 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||65 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|35 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||35 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|65 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||65 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| $1,056,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|| Yes Sustainable commuting program|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Director of People Operations oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 12 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Sauce Labs for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
If a prospective employee aligns with our core values, that is a good indicator they will be a great fit. Are they customer-centric and focused on helping them succeed? Do they believe in transparency? Are they honest? Do they value everyone’s ideas and opinions?
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
We love hiring people that are genuinely passionate about what they do, and who are involved in the automated testing and open source communities - whether it is contributing to open source software projects, regularly blogging, speaking at conferences, or even offering their own online Selenium and Appium training courses. Candidates who have walked in our customer's shoes and can be empathetic with the software development challenges they face are extra valuable.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We’re hiring across the board right now!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit us on our career site at www.SauceLabs.com/Careers and join the conversation!
| 60 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 21% Job Growth|
| 59 Average applicants per opening|| 7,774 Total job applicants|
| 4% Openings filled by current employees|| 15% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|