What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
Management has a clear view of where the organization is going and how to get there.
Management is competent at running the business.
I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.
This is a physically safe place to work.
What They Do
We asked Sachse Construction to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
We are a licensed construction management firm that has led projects spanning the commercial, retail, multi-family, and institutional sectors. We are licensed in all 50 U.S. states, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Our clients range from retailers to private and institutional owners.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.sachseconstruction.com/about-us/|| Industry: Construction|
| US Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, 48226|| US Sites: 1|
| US Employees: 160|| US Revenues: $167.0 million|
| Worldwide Revenues: $167.0 million|| Corporate Structure: Private|
| Founded: 1991|
Perks and Programs
We asked Sachse Construction to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Game Ball winner: Leadership gives an award to the "MVP" for that quarter. The MVP receives a "ball" with the signatures of the leadership team and a $500 gift card. The MVP's significant other or companion receives flowers for their support.
- Reverse Mentoring Program: Our reverse mentoring program helps us bring the over four generations of work force together to share ideas, learn from one another and foster an environment of understanding, team building and knowledge. The program aims to improve communication among all team members with a focus on encouraging discussion of thought process, technology advancements, how we approach our business, as well as life in general. This program has been highlighted in the New York Times for its innovation that increases team member engagement and retention.
- Career Development Plans: We have created a formalized career development plan for our graduates that focus on what their interest are and allow them to experience different positions in our company. This plan also focuses on increasing the dialogue and feedback.
- 5 o'clock club: Happy Hour events throughout the year that include Baseball games, Cinco de Mayo celebration, breakfast, fowling, charity work, zoo day and our famous UM vs MSU football game.
- Ray Z Bar Award: Annual award for Team Member/s of the year. It is presented annually at the end of year holiday extravaganza party by the CEO. Their name is then placed on a plaque. This is the highest honor.
- props award: Team members give props to other team members for going above and beyond for customer service, innovation, or assisting a peer! They get a $100 gift card and a picture on our wall of fame.
- Workplace Yoga: We have a trained professional yoga instructor come to our office to teach various yoga/stretch practices that our team members can use while sitting at their desk. This is to help decrease workplace stress and prevent various ergonomic injuries.
- Meditation Truck: We have a meditation truck come to our location to provide a 15 minute meditation break twice a week.
- Chair Massages: Twice a month we have a professional masseur provide a 10 minute massage for all team members.
- Construction Academy: We brought in Detroit area schools to introduce them to the various construction trades. The event took place at Eastern Market, where we invited several of our trade partners to provide one on one, hands on demonstrations of each skills trade
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 3% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||74% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 73% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| $2,500 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| Unlimited Vacation Paid time off|| Unlimited Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (We offer...
- Various snacks, including healthy options
- Fresh Fruit delivery
- Slushy machine
- chair massages
- lounge with Foosball table and ping pong table
- Workplace yoga
- On-site training and development courses)
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
Community and Environmental Impact
| $300,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
- Director of People & Perks (HR) oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Under-represented racial/ethnic minority groups
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked Sachse Construction for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We know we are choosing the right person for the role, if they exhibit all of our core values. We want to see their passion and enthusiasm during the interview. We look for someone that has raised the bar in prior positions by doing the right thing and doing whatever it takes. For our newer team members in the workforce, we look for their passion in their studies and the future. A prospective team member needs to demonstrate that they have our core values, we can teach everything else.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
They are passionate about what we do and want to engage and help our company reach our BHAG of being the most respected and trusted construction partner in North America.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are always looking for smart and passionate individuals. We make room on our team for the prospective team members that is ready to dive in and live and breathe our core values.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
If a candidate is interested in learning about our company, they can reach out to us directly and inquire about who we are. We do not have complicated systems to weave through and there is always someone that is willing to have a one on one conversation.
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 244 Average applicants per opening|
| 35% New hires by employee referrals|| 10% Openings filled by current employees|
| 6 Recent graduates hired|| 12% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|