What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
Management is competent at running the business.
This is a fun place to work.
Management hires people who fit in well here.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
What They Do
We asked Rokt to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Rokt connects brands and e-commerce sites with customers in a buying state of mind. We reach them at the exact moment they're most receptive - the moment of purchase - to introduce them to something new and relevant.
About this Company
| Website: www.rokt.com|| US Headquarters: New York, New York, 10010|
| US Employees: 50|| Employees Worldwide: 157|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 2012|
Perks and Programs
We asked Rokt to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Annual Global Trip: Every Rokt employee comes together once a year for the Global EOQ (End of Quarter) to celebrate hard work, participate in training workshops and ‘Enjoy the Ride’ (one of the Rokt values). Being a global company, this is a great opportunity for all employees all over the world to come together and meet. Previously, these have been held in Australia and Hawaii. In addition to meetings, presentations and learning groups, Rokt employees get to enjoy activities native to the destination such as meeting the wildlife (Koala’s & Wombats!), experiencing local customs (taking a boat ride in our ‘Budgy Smugglers’) and tasting the local delicacies (vegemite on toast). At the end of the EOQ, Rokt celebrates all the hard work of its employees with the Beetroot Awards.
- Beetroot Awards: In 2017 Rokt held the inaugural ‘Beetroot Awards’ (the color Beetroot is a part of our brand DNA) at our EOQ in Australia. The 14 awards have been designed with Rokt values in mind and, with categories for all employees to be recognized by the executives and their peers regardless of level or role. Highlights include the “Kyle” award, named in honour of Kyle Jepson – Professor on the HubSpot Academy. The winner of this award demonstrates best use of HubSpot (our CRM system) and is awarded a ‘bobble head’ trophy of Kyle himself. The Golden Code Award is designed to recognize the person whose development and coding skills are beyond compare, while The Rookie of the Year is to celebrate a new starter (in the past 12 months) who has stepped up since day one and had the most positive impact on Rokt.
- Free Fitness: Rokt employees have access to free fitness club options. The first option requires no contribution from the employee and is covered by Rokt entirely. This membership includes access to all clubs in Greater New York area and beyond, access to all group fitness classes and one complimentary personal training session. Option 2 requires a minimal co-pay of $20 per month deducted from the employee’s salary and includes access to all clubs (9 in New York), access to all group fitness classes, saltwater pools, access to racquetball & squash courts, one complimentary personal training session, 4 complimentary guest passes and a complimentary dinner cruise for two aboard the Gym's Yacht. 75 percent of NY employees utilize the fitness perk.
- Monthly Employee Awards: The Rokt team is encouraged to nominate employees who have particularly excelled or demonstrated our values for recognition at our monthly All-Staff meetings. This might be for a specific piece of work they’ve done, a client they’ve gone above and beyond for (Customer Obsessed – a Rokt Value!), or for being a great contributor to the business in another way such as lead organizer of social activities. No action is too small for recognition. As part of the recognition, the winners get to spin the Rokt wheel which features 24 prizes including $1000 gift card, one night stay in a hotel, dinner for two, luggage or high tea for two.
- Required Tech Allowance: Every employee at Rokt is given an upfront tech allowance up to $2,000 based on their role to use on technology of their choice (e.g laptop computer and phone). Every year an extra $500-$1,000 is made available and any unused balances roll over. Employees are allowed to bring their existing devices if they’d prefer and accumulate their tech allowance until they need new items. Should an employee decide to leave the business and they have unspent tech allowance dollars, this is paid out as a cash bonus. This perk is designed to ensure that no one ‘inherits’ an old, half broken device and everyone feels responsible for, and has ownership over, their items.
- Level Up Program: Rokt encourages its employees to ‘conquer new frontiers’ (another Rokt value!) and has designed a training program to help. Employees are empowered to engage in educational development of their choice with a $3,000 allowance per year per person to spend on training. Training may be specific to one’s role or more generally related to an employee’s development plan as agreed with their manager. Example training includes external courses on HTML email design, leadership skills, sales strategy and UX design. Employees are encouraged to share their experiences from their training program to further educate the wider business and encourage other employees to pursue training of their own.
- Rooftop Garden: Rokt is situated in an open floor plan office facing a huge rooftop garden. All employees have access to the rooftop and are encouraged to sit out there and work during the summer (there is dedicated rooftop wifi). Rokt also hosts an annual party for both employees and clients on the rooftop called Rokt the Rooftop. Throughout the year, Rokt also hosts employee events on the rooftop such as Rooftop Yoga and Rooftop Picnics.
- Casual Dress: Employees are welcome to dress casually and comfortably. Everyone takes it upon themselves to dress accordingly based on what external meetings they have each day. This is supported by the CEO and company executives who are rarely spotted in a suit and tie – more likely in a Rokt t-shirt and Rokt hooded sweater (which everyone receives on their first day). Rokt also hosts work dress up days where everyone is encouraged to come in dressed to a theme such as double denim, Hawaiian shirts and stripes.
- Paid Time Off & Floating Days: Rokt offers employees a generous paid time off policy of 15 days. These days are accrued over 12 months and can roll over in to the next year if not used (up to 8 days). In addition to this, all US employees can access ‘floating’ paid time off days once they have been with the company for at least 6 months. To encourage employees to take vacation when their existing time off balance reaches less than 5 days, they can access 4 additional days of paid time off. Additional days are at their manager’s discretion, but employees are encouraged to use these if possible as they do not accrue year over year.
- Health Benefits: Rokt is unique in that it provides all US employees access to comprehensive health benefits for the individual and their dependants with no employee contributions required. There are multiple medical, dental and vision options available to suit different needs. Items covered range from routine physical exams, mental health services, home health care, fertility drugs, women’s health and prescriptions. Health benefits become effective from the 1st of the month after the employee has commenced work at Rokt.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 4% Average 401(k)/403b company contribution per employee||100% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 100)|
| 100% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 100)|| $3,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 19 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 19 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
Community and Environmental Impact
| 48 hours Paid time off to volunteer|
- SVP of Finance and People oversees diversity and inclusion practices
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Formal programs (such as resource groups, mentorship, networking, or other affinity groups) support professional development for: Women; Speakers of English as a second language
| 50 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 72% Job Growth|
| 364 Average applicants per opening|| 8,013 Total job applicants|
| 10% New hires by employee referrals|| 5 Recent graduates hired|