What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
I'm proud to tell others I work here.
Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
What They Do
We asked Rocket Industrial to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
Rocket Industrial helps manufacturers Package With Less™ through technology, expertise, & innovation; less waste, less material, less labor & less cost. Working with over 80% of Fortune 500 manufacturers in the U.S., we provide packaging supplies & technology, design services, automation equipment, engineering, and testing services.
About this Company
| Website: www.rocketindustrial.com|| Industry: Other|
| US Headquarters: Wausau, Wisconsin, 54401|| US Sites: 13|
| Major Locations: Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911; Belvidere, Illinois, 61008; Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota, 55111; Boise, Idaho, 83701|| US Employees: 88|
| Corporate Structure: Private|| Founded: 1957|
Perks and Programs
We asked Rocket Industrial to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- Employee Generated Lead Bonus Program: Any employee who refers a potential customer over who ends up doing business with Rocket Industrial that employee will receive 2% of the total sales for the first 6 months of business. For example: referred customer bills $100,000 in the first 6 months which yields a $1,000 cash bonus for the employee.
- Scholarship Awards: We believe strongly in continuing education and offer 15 scholarships on an annual basis to the sons and daughters of all employees. Each student submits an application detailing their accomplishments and future plans. Then a panel selects 15 candidates for a $2,000 scholarship to assist in the costs of schooling. Candidates can be selected multiple times in their educational career.
- Educational Reimbursement Program: At Rocket Industrial, we realize our employees are the key to our success and will help enable us to be “Best in Industry”. Because of this, we feel it is imperative that our employees are encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities, for both the employee’s development and for Rocket’s continued success. This program is provided to all full-time employees who have completed at least one year of service with Rocket. We will reimburse, at 100%, professional certification programs and renewal credit courses/licensing fees pertaining to an individual’s professional certification. Also, we will pay 50%, up to a maximum of $5,250/year for the cost of classes, books and materials when attending a degreed program through an approved university.
- Paid time for charitable work hours: Paid time for any hours worked for charitable organizations up to 40 hours in a 12 month period. Organizations include Feed My Starving Children, United Way, Salvation Army, Dog Tags & Capes, Goodwill.
- Fitness Reimbursement: We believe in a sound mind and body. Rocket Industrial pays $20 towards any gym membership if it is used at least 10 times in a month.
- Employee Generated Employee Referral Bonus: If an employee of Rocket Industrial recommends a candidate who is hired by the company, the employee will receive a $700 cash bonus after 6-months of successful employment of the new employee. (We will use the exact same hiring process we always use, but if we do wind up hiring someone a current employee refers, that employee will receive a $700 bonus check.)
- Rocket Industrialist Dedication Bonus: If an employee of Rocket Industrial goes above and beyond their normal work expectation, they may get nominated for the Rocket Industrialist Dedication Bonus. Regularly, an employee will be chosen to represent the company, based on the nomination, and will receive lunch with their department head and Human Resources. He or she will also receive a Rocket Industrial shirt, a gift certificate and/or cash bonus; at times they will also receive a physical award. There will also be a picture and story in the Rocket Review newsletter.
- Paid Professional Development: We want to put people in the best seats on the bus. If they have a passion for a particular area that is somehow related (or could be related) to Rocket Industrial, we go above and beyond to facilitate employee education and professional development. As part of our ongoing "Review/Feedback" process, employees are asked what types of professional development goals they have or might be interested in and are given $1000 annually by the company.
- The Raymond Albert Award: The Raymond Albert Award, named after our founder, Raymond Albert Goldbach, recognizes the achievements of the TEAM involved in the best Packaging Innovation Project of the year. The three team finalists are judged by a variety of factors (waste reduction, productivity improvement, etc.). Everyone that touched the winning project is rewarded with recognition award in front of the entire company, invited to a special dinner, and provided a cash bonus.
- Rocket Social Hours & Lunches: At least once a month Rocket Industrial brings employees together for things like lunches and "social hour" activities (often lasting more than an hour!) to encourage camaraderie, friendship, and teamwork. Lunches include things like grill outs with everyone, having a local Gourmet Food Truck stop by, or a Chili Cook-off. A social hour may be a night at the ballpark, or the local brew pub patio.
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| $38,519 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Customer Service Representative|| $81,860 Average salary and additional cash compensation for Territory Sales Manager|
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 3% of salary||75% Company-paid health coverage for employees (for 100%)|
| 75% Company-paid health coverage for dependents (for 100%)|| $6,000 Average Tuition Reimbursement|
| $6,000 Student loan debt repayment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE BY THE NUMBERS
| 24 days Paid time off after one year of full-time employment|| 10 Days Paid time off as of first day of full-time employment|
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Flexible schedule (35% use it)
- Telecommute option (15% use it)
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Healthy food options at no cost, company sponsored lunches, dry cleaning pick up and delivery, scenic walking trail on-property, grill out area and outdoor dining & meeting options.)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|60 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||20 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|60 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)||10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take||60 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*|
|20 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
FAMILY CARE PROGRAMS
- Paid sick leave to care for a child or relative
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
| 40 hours Paid time off to volunteer|| $30,000 Philanthropic donations in last year|
| $6,750 Total company-matched employee donations in last year|| Self-Conducted Environmental impact audit|
| Yes Recycling program|
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
How to Get Hired
We asked Rocket Industrial for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
We like people that have an outgoing, fun personality with a genuine interest in Rocket Industrial's mission to help the world Package With Less. Our team is attracted to positive people that have a desire to grow personally & professionally by working with our team. We bring people on that ask challenging questions of the status quo, and that interact and converse openly and comfortably, with great energy and an inner drive to make the world a better place.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Come in prepared to answer lots of questions about your life, and to know why Rocket Industrial exists in the world and why that is important. A wide variety of life experience is always a good attention-getter and a history of being on winning teams. Being funny is good attention-getter too...as well as being positive & candid. Expressing a love and curiosity behind how humans interact with packaging and a love and curiosity behind how humans interact with technology... all good! Most of all, an eager desire to make the world a better place, one small action at a time, and one day at a time.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We're focused on hiring smart, energetic, positive people from all walks of life to be a part of our winning team. If you fit that profile, we want to talk about what you're passionate about doing and what your professional goals are... and hopefully we can find a place for you!
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Check out our website, sign up for our emails, read our blog, follow us on social media, and feel free to ask to talk to anyone in our company! Even emailing our president at firstname.lastname@example.org is an option!
| 20 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 11% Job Growth|
| 45 Average applicants per opening|| 1,335 Total job applicants|
| 6% New hires by employee referrals|| 1% Openings filled by current employees|
| 16% Voluntary turnover for full-time employees|