What Employees Say
People celebrate special events around here.
People care about each other here.
Our facilities contribute to a good working environment.
People look forward to coming to work here.
I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
What They Do
We asked RiseSmart to explain what they do. Here is what they had to say.
RiseSmart, a Randstad company and leading provider of contemporary career transition services in more than 40 industries and 70 countries, combines personalized services with proprietary, cloud-based technology for job-seekers with outplacement efficiency, specialized training, and secure, cloud-based reporting for customers.
About this Company
| Website: http://www.risesmart.com/|| Industry: Professional Services|
| US Headquarters: San Jose, California, 95113|| Corporate Structure: Public|
| Founded: 2007|
Perks and Programs
We asked RiseSmart to share a few programs they feel really capture what's unique about their workplace. Here is what they had to say.
- High Five: Employee recognition, recreation, and rewards program that includes all employees and contractors globally. The program is designed to encourage teamwork and recognition within the employee commitee and to be a demonstration of the core values of the company. Through the program, employees recognize each other publicly. The program also schedules and coordinates holiday and team building events, including our monthly Happy Hour.
- Close to Home Base: RiseSmart community philanthropic initiatives include Hire Hope, Freedom House, and Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Town Hall : RiseSmart CEO Sanjay Sathe and the executive team host a quarterly “Town Hall” meeting where they share the “state of the company” and discuss past successes and future goals to all staff. The meeting is interactive and all questions are encouraged, providing employees with engagement opportunities to see how their work is affecting the company globally.
- Team Lunches & Anniversaries: It’s a point of pride for Sanjay to employ personal employee engagement strategies to make RiseSmart a great place to work. He sends personal birthday and company anniversary emails to each employee and takes time to have lunch with every RiseSmart team member in his location (San Jose). He also solicits 360-degree feedback from everyone, so he can continue to improve both the work environment and himself.
- x: x
- x: x
- x: x
- x: x
- x: x
- x: x
COMPENSATION BY THE NUMBERS
| 50% Match of employee’s 401(k)/403b contribution up to 6% of salary||85% Company-paid health coverage for employees|
| 85% Company-paid health coverage for dependents|| 85% Company-paid health coverage for part-timers|
| 30 hours Weekly hours required for part-timers to receive health insurance|
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
WORK-LIFE BALANCE PROGRAMS
- Subsidized On- or Off-site Fitness (100% have access)
- Onsite Amenities (Snacks, happy hours, lunch, gym, parking, coffee and beverages, healthy snacks)
FAMILY CARE BY THE NUMBERS
|10 days Job-protected maternity leave (including FMLA/STD) ||10 days Fully-paid maternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*|
|10 days Average length of maternity leave new mothers take||10 days Job-protected paternity leave (including FMLA)|
|10 days Fully-paid paternity leave (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)*||10 days Average length of paternity leave new fathers take|
|10 days Job-protected parental leave for adoptive parents (including FMLA)*||10 days Fully-paid parental leave for adoptive parents (does not include personal vacation or paid time off)|
HEALTH INSURANCE COVERS
- Alternative treatments (such as acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic)
Community and Environmental Impact
- Written policy prohibits discrimination based on (at a minimum) age, disability, race/ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender and sexual orientation
- 5 events a year connect employees with peers from different racial/ethnic, religious or country-of-origin identities
- Non-birth parents in same-sex relationships can take parental leave
- Medical care covers gender confirmation surgery
How to Get Hired
We asked RiseSmart for some inside information on how to get hired at the organization. Here is what they had to say.
What key characteristics tell you a prospective employee will be a great fit for your company?
Prospective team members enjoy being part of a collaborative environment where they can contribute to the overall goals of the company. They have an understanding of the outplacement industry and compassion for people impacted by involuntary career transitions. Future team members thrive in a fast-paced environment where they can grow both professionally and personally. They have a passion for excellence and for the work they do and they like to be a part of a group of people who share that same passion.
What can prospective employees do to get your attention?
Through their past experiences, future team members will demonstrate how they were able to positively influence their former companies through initiative and innovation. When prospective team members contact us, they should already know something about the company, the work we do, and how we're positioned to succeed versus our competitors. We're looking for people who want to make an impact on the industry and have ideas about how to help RiseSmart continue to be the leading provider of contemporary outplacement solutions.
Are there any positions or types of candidates you are particularly focused on hiring in this coming year?
We are looking to hire individuals that will help grow our global footprint as well as those who can help us make our product and technology more robust. These roles span the engineering and product group as well as global operations.
What should interested candidates do to find out more and get started?
Visit the careers page on our website at http://www.risesmart.com/about-us/careers or our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/224535. In addition, candidates can read social media sites such as Glassdoor to find out what our current and former employees have to say.
| 15 Forecasted positions to fill in coming year|| 21% Job Growth|
| 30% New hires by employee referrals|| 15% Openings filled by current employees|
| 2 Recent graduates hired|